Here is is !!!!!!

Oberst Balck

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
After shi#tloads of work!! Here is a Gobsmaked ASL Site for you..

1) Red Barricades articles
2) Rules refreshers
3) How to fight better
4) Images
5) Links
6) Humour ( the OBA one is hilerious)

www.git.com.au/~maryferguson/index.html

Go get !!!!

There are a few little things to iron out in the way of graphics. PLEASE send comments>. If you have stored any good articles send them along.

I would like an expert commentry on CC ( for example: a concealed mol-P unit has an AFV on top of it. Q: Can it fire it's mol _p at the AFV ( RANGE 0 ).

If you have a cable you will probably be able to hear some sound too...

bye

PRogman

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi
Very nice site, especially the menu portion.
Even better if pirated as they price stuff far too expensive anyway.

Peter

Oberst Balck

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Its NOT

Shees,

It is a Java applet from www.coolfocus.com as the name suggests. It is free for non-commercial sites. I actually had the designer help me with the original ASL site I did in 1999.

Yes as it costs about $70 AUD, it is far too expensive.

I note a lot of graphics do not work, I will be looking at how to fix that very soon. I have an idea that the paths do not work unless saved in a root directory (ie: C, D drive) anyway it will be done.

I am still interested in articles, for anyone with The General articles or Critical Hit articles type them up send them on. My e mail is : ericferguson2002@yahoo.com.au anyone in this Forum is free to contact me.

Thank you

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Peter (who seems to have a very suspect world view on intellectual property) wrote:

[/quote] Very nice site, especially the menu portion. Even better if pirated as they price stuff far too expensive anyway.
$70 is very cheap for a utility of this grade - try writing this yourself and doing the exhaustive QA on it and you will find all your spare time disapearing very quickly. Thank you for defining your ethics so clearly.

I also very much appreciated the explanation by the site writer in clarifying that the menuing package may be freely used by non commercial sites.

If you think I am anal on this subject it is because I work for a software development company.

Nat Mallet

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Even though it's a bit off topic, I'm with Fred on this one. Software development is extremely hard and extremely time consuming. Pirating is theft, period.

With that said, I don't have a problem with people giving their work away for free. It's your time and your money, so you can do what you want with it. But if a developer wants to be compensated for his work, then no one has the right to pirate it. Don't want to pay for it? Find something else, or write your own.

End rant, back on topic.

The website is very informative. There's a lot of good articles and information about ASL, and the material is well presented, easy to read. It gets high marks for that.

There is one aspect I don't like, however, and that's the frames. Frames tend to mess up the behavior of the browser. Bookmarking the page is difficult and the back button doesn't work right.

I recommend this site (for whatever it's worth). Content is king, and this site has a lot of good content.

Nat

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Even though it's a bit off topic, I'm with Fred on this one. Software development is extremely hard and extremely time consuming. Pirating is theft, period.
I'm interested in what your stance is on the usual TPP/copyright debate.

Nat Mallet

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This is OT so go to the Off-Topic forum, and look for the TPP/Copyright discussion.

Nat

Oberst Balck

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
files to download

Hi,

Yes with the IE6 browser it seems you cannot load frames in thier own window ( a rahther backward step).

So by the 4th July I will zip all the html files so you can have them and print them etc.

The site now has MORE links and the pictuires at last work, rather an improvement for the images section of the site ~ duhh !!!

Eric

Oberst Balck

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
download the html files

OK.

For everyone wanting to download the pages , click the stuka and your prayer will be answered.

Thanks

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Maj Soshtokovich said:

2) Rules refreshers
3) How to fight better
4) Images
5) Links

Yah mon, that must have been a TON of work, going to my website and lifting two of my articles for your humor section. Saves time and effort if you don't ask the original author, though, huh.

The originals of the two articles, and other funny stuff, can be found at:
http://www.mindspring.com/~tqr/attic/misc.html

Normally I have not cared if people wanted to link to my site; it's good to share the fun. I've even been glad to have my stuff reprinted in hardcopy form for various ASL fanzines. But since I'm having a really bad day and you didn't ask before stealing my stuff AND you didn't even attribute it to me, I'm telling you now to get my stuff off your website. All of it, humor or otherwise. Don't bother asking permission.

Tom Repetti

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Maj Soshtokovich said:

2) Rules refreshers
3) How to fight better
4) Images
5) Links

Yah mon, that must have been a TON of work, going to my website and lifting two of my articles for your humor section. Saves time and effort if you don't ask the original author, though, huh.

Normally I have not cared if people wanted to link to my site; it's good to share the fun. I've even been glad to have my stuff reprinted in hardcopy form for various ASL fanzines. But since I'm having a really bad day and you didn't ask before stealing my stuff AND you didn't even attribute it to me, I'm telling you now to get my stuff off your website. All of it, humor or otherwise. Don't bother asking permission.

Tom Repetti

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Maj Soshtokovich said:

2) Rules refreshers
3) How to fight better
4) Images
5) Links

Tom Repetti

Oberst Balck

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Further info on this matter to idiots like Bruce ...

I didn't consider it stealing as I never know where it came from , it was sent to me a long time ago..
If you want it attributed to you then I am very glad to do so,

Sounds good. I'm such a softie. Can't sustain a good flamewar like I used to.

Hope you take headache pills mate, sounds like a migrane.

My apologies for the flames. I've had a _really_ bad day and I just didn't feel like being my usual sensitive self. My bad.

Tom