Here come the sales!

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll
Wow, you can't even play as SMs in MP? I didn't realize that.
Sorry for any confusion Scott, the Imperial Campaign includes Space Marines. There are three Space Marine Chapters - Blood Angels, Salamanders, and Ultramarines. All are playable in SP and MP. As far as I know there are only 2 maps for SP in which you can play as Orks but in MP you play Space Marines, Imperial Guards, and Orks.

Best wishes,
Steve

Last edited:

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry for any confusion Scott, the Imperial Campaign includes Space Marines. There are three Space Marine Chapters - Blood Angels, Salamanders, and Ultramarines. All are playable in SP and MP. As far as I know there are only 2 maps for SP in which you can play as Orks but in MP you play Space Marines, Imperial Guards, and Orks.

Best wishes,
Steve
Ah, got it. No problem. I thought it would be an odd decision to leave SP out of MP. Thanks for the clarification!

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks like the Steam Christmas sale starts next week!

http://www.pcgamer.com/rumour-steam-winter-sale-starts-next-week-according-to-paypal-email/

Original: PayPal have allegedly done it again. Still heady from leaking the start date of last month's Autumn sale, PayPal Japan has seemingly emailed a Reddit user the date of the Winter Sale. It's December 18th, based on the image linked in this here thread.

To be clear, this is unconfirmed. The PayPal early warning system has been a long-standing and reliable indicator of an imminent Steam Sale. But also, I don't get email alerts from PayPal Japan, so can't exactly verify that the screenshot snapshot is real.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Steam sale has started. Wargame: Red Dragon- $10. Good deal, still has one more dlc to come.

This is the first year I am not following the Steam sale at all. I pretty much have gotten everything I wanted now that Starpoint Gemini 2 and Elite are in my library. Plus, I can't wait to get back to board gaming (been too busy the last few weeks - PC gaming is much more accessible during busy times :)). The only thing I need to grab is the latest CK2 DLC.

As for Wargame:DR...they sure are taking their time with that small bit of DLC. Is it too early to call DR "abandonware"?

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll
The only thing I have picked up in the Steam Christmas sales so far has been FSX for £3.99. I have not played Flight Simulator since FS98. So far, I am having a blast. Many people on the forums are having problems with it but for me it is running flawlessly.

I think most of the problems seem to be from people who already have the old disk version installed and are trying to have both the disk version and the steam version installed on the same machine. I suspect problems with the registry.

Best wishes,
Steve

Gen_Electric

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is the first year I am not following the Steam sale at all. I pretty much have gotten everything I wanted now that Starpoint Gemini 2 and Elite are in my library. Plus, I can't wait to get back to board gaming (been too busy the last few weeks - PC gaming is much more accessible during busy times :)). The only thing I need to grab is the latest CK2 DLC.

As for Wargame:DR...they sure are taking their time with that small bit of DLC. Is it too early to call DR "abandonware"?
Here's a guy that video's a lot of board games. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqjObEZh6BQw2xpgMjPZ7qg Lol, a little early yet for W:RD to be abandoned. I've seen pictures of the new units; really!

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That guy does a lot of good reviews. I've watched him do a few for LnL and Combat Command and a few others.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay, I just fell victim to two Steam sales (I blame the Christmas wine). I grabbed the Massive edition of The Secret World (when I tried that MMO back in October I really liked it), and I finally nabbed Dominions 4 (75% off!).

<sigh>

Don't know why I did it. I am not even going to install those games any time soon.

(runs off and installs the games :D)

Gen_Electric

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lol, I'm eyeballing the Secret World deal.....meanwhile a holiday jingle
[video=youtube_share;WBdiSa7GXqU]http://youtu.be/WBdiSa7GXqU[/video]