Help!

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Guys, I could use your help.

We need to get more people in here to the forum. There's soooo much more we can do that we'd planned earlier in the development/conceptual stage of desigining the guild - we'd like to have special events days, contests with prizes, massive Guild Run days, Instance days, Raid Days, etc. But the problem is that to organize that, we need the members to come to the forums and check things out every once in a while!

Canibis and I keep spamming Guild Chat every now and then (not too often, tho) telling people to get over here, but that's only a couple times a day, so most members have never even seen the message. The Message of the Day in Guild when you log in isn't long enough to put much of anything in, so that's a lost cause.

Can you guys give me some ideas to help get some members in here? We can go alot further than we have, and make the guild a much more enjoyable experience for everyone if we can fill this place!

d0ntd0it

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One thing I do is after I invite someone to the guild, is post the website for guild info and TS info.

Beeyatch

Senior Guild Founder
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
One thing I do is after I invite someone to the guild, is post the website for guild info and TS info.
Ok, I was doing that too, but I noticed something this weekend, and I think we have to make a change.

Canibis and Lyshan both seem to go on recruiting drives. Lyshan added 8 members in 10 minutes :eek: and Canibis must have added close to 20 people over the weekend. We do need to make the members constantly aware of the forum link so they come here and sign in, but unfortunately, if everyone posted the link when someone joins, it ends up spamming the heck out of the guild chat.

What we'll do from now on is when you join someone (maybe set a macro to make it easier as well?), we'll still tell them the forum link, but we'll do it in whisper so we don't spam the rest of the guild with it as well. If people start seeing that in guild chat 30 times a day, they'll just start ignoring everything down there.

It also has a second benefit - if members see that we are sending it to them directly one-to-one, it is more personal, and I think they'd be more likely to come and check it out. We really need to get more of the guild involved with the forums!

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Good point - I'm guilty of this myself. :laugh: I also try to post a forum link in guild chat, but I saw over the weekend that I did it right after joining someone, and Canibis had done it only a few minutes before.

Good catch.

Dabossk

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Suggestions and questions

As a newew guild. Have you added your guild link to our servers forums on wow forum?

Since this is a pvp server alot people view the realm statistics before moving to a realm or making new chars on it. Warcraft realms would be a great place for us to have a link on so others can get a chance to see us there.

some other big sites like Ten Ton hammer and Allakazams would be nice if we could get our guild links there also.

And if were to set up some server events that all horde could get involved in on our server would also bring us some publicity etc.

One thing i have enjoyed is the fourms i am affililiated with it keeps me in touch with so many of the freinds i have made playing these games over the years. For instance the amici guild on scarlet crusade i am able to keep in touch with as they continue to get khara on farm status,

The current guild my main is on with the Uldum server has a bad forum. Only a handful of there members will post on there. It's depressing to post some new guides i have made or found, some new strats i have come across to variouse bosses we deal with or information on the diffrent classes at the level 70 range etc. after posting 300+ individul posts it gets sadd to only hear once a week if that on anything i add to our forums there.. Such a great group, but man they never talk you would think they were scared to type.

This site i hope will be diffrent and anything i can do to help i will be ready to jump in and do for you all.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Some great ideas! Thanks for the suggestions!

I added us to the Wow Forums for Lightning's Blade, but I'm not convinced that this was the area you were suggesting... Could you post a link for me, please? I'll also look into the other sites you mentioned after posting this.

Well, our forum is starting off somewhat slow, but we're a very young guild (under two months old) so I imagine the forum will pick up a bit as we gain in members and become more established. Many of the members have yet to come in here, but we keep mentioning it, etc. I also think that once more guild events are happening, we'll see considerable increases in traffic here.

Aside from that, doing the best we can to keep new content in here, and all the info as up to date as possible. We certainly hope to be 'different'; that's what the entire guild is founded on - being a tight-knit group that works well together and cooperates easily. As you seem to have a wealth of experience in previous guilds/events and such, I'd certainly be interested in any suggestions you might have, and you're more than welcome to set up some events for us and post about them here, and I'll assist by adding the info/link to the MotD, etc.

We'd like to be as active as possible, but it sure helps when there are people willing to lend a hand! Also, do keep in mind the level range of our guild when you consider RAIDs, events and such.