Help with NGP Scenario Development

harlequin

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
I have returned after quite a break to building a scenario for NGP with 1 (BR) Corps facing 3 Shock Army. OOB and map is done. I am now placing troops and testing; but have hit a small snag ...

The original plan for 1 (BR) Corps was to have two Armd Recce Regts (Corps Troops) forward of the front divisions. They would engage the 1st echelon, mainly with artillery, allowing 1 and 4 Armd Div to dig for their lives. Both the Corps and Div Arty would support them. When I try to call fire from the Div Arty I am told they are not a subordinate unit.

How do I allow the Recce Regts to call fire for the Div Arty without embedding them in the Divisions or having to wait for a midnight turn to make Corps attachments?

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
How do I allow the Recce Regts to call fire for the Div Arty without embedding them in the Divisions or having to wait for a midnight turn to make Corps attachments?
Sorry - I missed your post earlier.

Unfortunately you can't have Corps units call fire for Divisional Guns in this series. The structure of the OOB is that the HQs act as a stopper for the Artillery. Now if you removed the Div HQs then Any units sub ordinate to the Corps HQ would be spotters for all units - but in that instance units of Div #1 could spot for guns of Div #2 as well as the Corps Guns.

Note too - when I say remove the Div HQ, I mean from the OOB and not just the scn.

Glenn

Deathrider6

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The original plan for 1 (BR) Corps was to have two Armd Recce Regts (Corps Troops) forward of the front divisions.
Historically the two Recce Regts were attached to divisions. The Regiment at Wolfenbuttel was attached to the 1st Armoured Division and the one at Herford was attached to the 4th Armoured Division. A third Armd Recce Regiment from Wibbish in the UK was to arrive with the 19th Infantry Brigade to be attached to the 3rd Armoured Division.

Cheers

harlequin

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Thanks

Thanks Glenn - I thought as much.

Deathrider - your info is spot on but in the scenario I'm developing I was experimenting with a Recce Bde forward. I think I'll have to go back to the way it was.

H