Help with game - just started

Charger

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just got HPS Peninsula and it's my first foray into the HPS series. Once I get the hang of it I want to get into PBEM. But at the moment the scale is killing me when it comes to individual movement. I'm having trouble moving brigades cohesively. I'm trying to use alt right click w/ brigade cmdrs but having mixed success. What exactly does the alt key do, and how do I make my movement the most efficient and hassle free?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You should just highlight the regiment you want to move and then right click on the hexes you want to move through until you get where you want to go. The Alt key will allow you to move all the units in a line at one time. I wouldn't recommend using it except for moving units down roads or across country where you are sure you won't meet the enemy. You have to be very careful as it will pull every unit along who is in line with the first unit via contact with over regiments. Go to the view menu and select Brigade colors and it will color all the brigades differently and make it easier to keep them together.

Charger

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You should just highlight the regiment you want to move and then right click on the hexes you want to move through until you get where you want to go. The Alt key will allow you to move all the units in a line at one time. I wouldn't recommend using it except for moving units down roads or across country where you are sure you won't meet the enemy. You have to be very careful as it will pull every unit along who is in line with the first unit via contact with over regiments. Go to the view menu and select Brigade colors and it will color all the brigades differently and make it easier to keep them together.
Thanks! The one downfall of this game - extremely time consuming micromanagement. Moving a division is brutal, having to give new orders every time. I wish you could just say "go here" and it will automatically move there over a number of turns.