help with DirectDraw error?

glendalough

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've installed SPWAW (with 8.30 patch) and while the main menu starts, the game itself won't launch. I always get a "DirectDraw initialization error #-2147467263". Help!

thank you

:(

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
glendalough said:
I've installed SPWAW (with 8.30 patch) and while the main menu starts, the game itself won't launch. I always get a "DirectDraw initialization error #-2147467263". Help!
Are you starting it from the auto created shortcut? You might need to start the game form the mech.exe file itself.

glendalough

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
mech.exe doesn't work

Double Deuce said:
Are you starting it from the auto created shortcut? You might need to start the game form the mech.exe file itself.
Actually everything seems to work but the mech.exe. That's what gives me the DirectDraw error when I try to launch it. So I've narrowed down the problem. Any techies who might have a solution?

I don't know if I'm cursed, but it seems like everyone in the world but me can play this game. Too bad, bec. I loved the original version which I played back in the 90s.

thanks!

Grayhill

Recruit
Reaction score
A new video card was just installed on my box and I'm having the same problem, i.e. "DirectDraw Initialization Error #-2147467263.

I sure hope someone can come up with a fix.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A new video card was just installed on my box and I'm having the same problem, i.e. "DirectDraw Initialization Error #-2147467263.

I sure hope someone can come up with a fix.
I haven't played SPWAW in quite a while so I haven't seen this one before. In searching the Matrix Game forums this is the closest thread I could find on it but might not be much help;

Directdraw video problem