Help with BRT VASL Installation

Hexagoner

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have VASL version 4.1.6 installed, and have been using it with VASL PBEM for some time with no problems. Today I downloaded the BRT map and V2 extension, and was trying to load BRT CG III.

When I start VASL and try to load the BRTCGIII.vasl module, everything appears OK except many of the counters are blank. I believe I installed the BRTv2.mdx properly, in a VASL_ext folder in the same directory as VASL.org.

Any ideas what could be wrong? This is on a Win XP system...

Thanks,
Tom

countermanCX

Mennonite Jihadi
Reaction score
Country
llMalta
Hello hexagoner,

Which those *.vasl setups in the BRT.zip file pre-date the creation of BRT.mdx (old or new) and make no use of the BRT.mdx counters. You'll get those blank counters regardless of the presence/absence of \VASL_ext\BRT.mdx - they are either for counters that don't exist in the base VASL.mod (such as Pathfinders) or for ctrs that have to be rolled for (such as leaders).

I'd advise you not to use the .vasl file, but to create your own (using BRT.mdx of course) and save a new CGIIIsetup.vasl file.

counterman

Hexagoner

Reaction score
Countermann,

Many Thanks! Yeah - that appears to be the problem, so the .vasl file doesn't utilize what the BRT.mdx provides. I'll create it from scratch as you suggest.

Thnx!
THex

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Of course, once you have updated the setup and created your BRTCGIII.vasl file, send it to Rodney for posting on the VASL website. Might as well share the wealth of your investment! :smoke: