Help - trace this photo!

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Please assist in determining the location and date of this photograph. Grateful for any tips on sources and provenance.

Cheers!

- G

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
https://www.pinterest.jp/pin/572872015076843753/

That all you got? Where's Paul? I'm expecting an analysis of the helmet curves, indicating the period from the first half of December, 1941, when the Imperial Army Helmet Corps redesigned the Type 97 "Chi-Ca-Go" helmet to make it more rain-resistent in the Malayan monsoon season.

C'mon now, Klas, up your game!
Give Klas some slack. He is being ruthlessly efficient as ever.

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Appreciated, Klas. The Pinterest post links back to a Tumblr blog, but no indication of the original source or an exact date, much less the unit engaged. Still trying to figure out which road to Johor Bahru that might have been (I have my suspicions).

Appreciate any further leads!

[By the way Mods, this question is in regard to scenario research and design. It is not "Chit Chat." Yet another reason why my subscription will not be renewed.]​

Last edited:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
[By the way Mods, this question is in regard to scenario research and design. It is not "Chit Chat." Yet another reason why my subscription will not be renewed.]
And the mods shall presage your unmentioned intentions how?

IMHO it does not make a difference where your post is listed as long as you get your answer. If it is so important to you to have it listed in the scenario design section, where I presume it has been moved from to Chit Chat, you could have mentioned the purpose of your question. [Edit: A day after this original post, the thread has apparently been moved back by the mods to its original position.]

Bytimes I have the impression that people elect to be offended.
You posted your question. You received an answer within 13 minutes.

Of course, it remains your decision to determine if the service of this forum is worth your money or not.

von Marwitz

Last edited:

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
And the mods shall presage your unmentioned intentions how?

IMHO it does not make a difference where your post is listed as long as you get your answer. If it is so important to you to have it listed in the scenario design section, where I presume it has been moved from to Chit Chat, you could have mentioned the purpose of your question.

Bytimes I have the impression that people elect to be offended.
You posted your question. You received an answer within 13 minutes.

Of course, it remains your decision to determine if the service of this forum is worth your money or not.

von Marwitz
And I was mightily grateful for that answer. :) Hoping to get more.

The action does not "offend," but it certainly does not come off as user-friendly. This was a serious question and it is still in search of serious answers. It did not deserve a heavy hand.

Of course the moderators might not have divined my intentions, but they also didn't bother to ask. Had someone inquired, I would have been happy to explain. Had someone asked me to use a different folder in the future, I would have complied.

There is a thread here in which users regularly post photographs of vehicles that other viewers try to identify. To date, this activity has not been labeled "Chit Chat," nor has the thread been moved. As it should be.

Oh, and by the way, von Marwitz and I are not fighting. 🆒

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Appreciated, Klas. The Pinterest post links back to a Tumblr blog, but no indication of the original source or an exact date, much less the unit engaged. Still trying to figure out which road to Johor Bahru that might have been (I have my suspicions).

Appreciate any further leads!

[By the way Mods, this question is in regard to scenario research and design. It is not "Chit Chat." Yet another reason why my subscription will not be renewed.]​
Hi George

Something that may or may not help

At the end of this Youtube you get a slight indication of the units - I like the youtube as it does break down much of the units - it does have an unusual sound track so you tolerate that - there is lots of info that may help

Cheers

Rob :)

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Hi George

Something that may or may not help...
Everything helps, Rob Will view and let you know if I find a nugget.

Have been doing research on Battle of Muar over several years now but this photo only came up recently. If it is what I think it is it will be a real gift. Should the date and location be verified then the unit(s) will become apparent.

Please keep the tips coming. Deeply grateful.