Help - Rise of Nations - Strategic advice needed!

PvtManaCoB3MD

Reaction score
Country
ll
That's the one bad thing, my lord....stuff doesn't come out at the same time everywhere. I played part of one game when I got home late last night and it's very cool. The architecture for the Americans is very good. Sadly, no new maps :( Oh well, I'm sure there's tons of good ones out there on the internet!

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Originally posted by PvtManaCoB3MD
That's the one bad thing, my lord....stuff doesn't come out at the same time everywhere.
When I am master it will.

I played part of one game when I got home late last night and it's very cool. The architecture for the Americans is very good. Sadly, no new maps :( Oh well, I'm sure there's tons of good ones out there on the internet!
I shall enjoy practicing the art of war against new opponents, but according to Amazon .co.uk, we dont get it until May 22nd. :(

To Chisvalla - I could never get on with BOTF. I got so annoyed with the fact that the manual and even the strategy guide were so completely useless that I actually snapped my CD in half and posted it back to Microprose IIRC.

Dr. S.

PvtManaCoB3MD

Reaction score
Country
ll
I just achieved one of my greatest victories to date....

Playing on the "British Isles" map, I (playing as the Turks) was started on the same island right next to the French....ugh...the smell was horrible. I made my personal record....I defeated the entire French nation in get this....6 min 28 seconds.....they never built a barracks. I had the 1st Infantry Reg., comprised of 9 foot units, my Senator Patriot, 2 siege catapults and 4 light cavalry. I thought the French would counter attack, but I never needed the 2nd Infantry....

Naturally, the other two nations, Spain and Nubia allied themselves and declared war on me really for no reason and attacked my fishing fleet. In the Medieval Age, I built the Terra Cotta Army and amassed a massive 30 units for the 3rd Infantry. As fast as I could, I rushed the Spanish coast and hit Valladolid, the closest town....being the Turks, I had extremely fast assimilation ability and was able to fly towards Madrid speedily....one last town quickly folded. Since I had it on 80% Territory for victory, I needed only to capture one more town for victory....total time, 56 minutes.....

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I just achieved one of my greatest victories to date....

Playing on the "British Isles" map, I (playing as the Turks) was started on the same island right next to the French....ugh...the smell was horrible. I made my personal record....I defeated the entire French nation in get this....6 min 28 seconds.....they never built a barracks. I had the 1st Infantry Reg., comprised of 9 foot units, my Senator Patriot, 2 siege catapults and 4 light cavalry. I thought the French would counter attack, but I never needed the 2nd Infantry....
Never even built a Barracks huh?

Probably spent all their time constructing a new "Appeasement Centre" instead.

Dr. S.