Help Please

craig_c

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have Battle Field 1942 and can not play it. I get all the way to Single player campaign screen and ste up my game and hit start it crashes back to desktop. Can some one fix this please? :cry:

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Game crashes can be caused by a bajillion things, first off we need all your computer specs.

Have you previously ever played any 3d games with intense 3d graphics?
If yes we can move on to more invloved questions.

I for instance find the game beyond my machine. I often have games crap out on me just because my video card is just not up to it.

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
craig_c said:
I have Battle Field 1942 and can not play it. I get all the way to Single player campaign screen and ste up my game and hit start it crashes back to desktop. Can some one fix this please? :cry:
Have you right-clicked on the game start icon and selected specific values to get windows to give the program the:

1) compatibility that it needs
2) startup and run memory.

The odd time for some video cards I have found that if you adjust the desktop resolution say down form 1280 to 1024by760 or even 800 by 600 some otherwise non-cooperative programs do suddenly behave.

A twit in my building with behaviorial troubles would beat up on his computer and shout obscenities in his best:surprise: English [he is from the Atlantic Coast and judging by his choice of expletives he didn't graduate from elementary school however after much pain the game did run]

I don't think he will help us much though.:D

The last thing to try is update your drivers and verify that the hardware acceleration for your vid card is set to minimum specs.

How is your SPWAW PBeM going?

danstudentvcc

jorge

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
I had a similar problem, actualiced my drivers but obtained nothing... With a new Grafic card it was OK, but it was illogical.