Help on SSR wording

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey all,

I was working on a scenario and wanted to get people's opinion on the wording of the following SSR:

2. JgPz 38(t) do not have a depletion number for HE (i.e. they have unlimited HE). However, mark all German tanks with Low Ammo counters (D3.71).
3. The British hero must start the game stacked with a crew counter and may not use any SW. Any British crew in the same location as this hero is considered fanatic and has a -1 DRM to any TH attempts.
Read the SSR and think about what it means. Then read the next post in this thread where I explain what I want it to mean, and see if it jives with what you first thought it meant.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, here's what I want it to mean:

2. Hetzers do not have to roll for depletion when using HE (they normally have HE7 on the back of the counter). However, all german tanks suffer with low ammmo counters, which isn't the same as low ammunition. D3.71 says that the B# (12 in this case) is lowered by 1 and the the original B# becomes an X#.

3. The hero, by its mere presence causes the crew to be fanatic and have the -1 DRM to its TH attempts. The hero does not have to do anything, is not marked with a fire counter, nor does it have to be in good order.

Was that what you were thinking? Could I word it better? Let me know your opines.

Thanks,
bmw

sgtono

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Brian W said:
Ok, here's what I want it to mean:

...... The hero does not have to do anything, is not marked with a fire counter, nor does it have to be in good order.

Was that what you were thinking? Could I word it better? Let me know your opines.

Thanks,
bmw
Everything is what I was thinking but the quoted above part might be explained better.

Keith

countermanCX

Mennonite Jihadi
Reaction score
Country
llMalta
Hi Brian,

Seems pert' clear to me, but perhaps for SSR 3 you could add that this applies to the Hero in the Inital O/B only & not to those created during play.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi Brian

I agree with Keith on SSR3, especially wrt to 'not being marked with a fire counter'. I think you might have to spell that out.

If I came across your SSR, my mind would probably think of the analagous situation when directing fire with a leader. So I'd assume the hero would be marked with a fire counter unless you were to state otherwise.

One other thing, you probably have a situation in your scenario in mind, but heroes are normally in good order (except for Melee) as they don't break.

Chris

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
2. JgPz 38(t) do not have a depletion number for HE (i.e. they have unlimited HE). However, mark all German tanks with Low Ammo counters (D3.71).
3. The British hero must start the game stacked with a crew counter and may not use any SW. Any British crew in the same location as this hero is considered fanatic and has a -1 DRM to any TH attempts.
Consider:

2. Mark each German Tank with a Low Ammo counter. The JgPz 38(t)'s HE7 is not in effect and may use HE normally.
3. The British hero must start the game stacked with a crew counter and may not use any SW. The British OB hero functions as a -1 gun leader while stacked with a crew counter manning a gun.

Treadhead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Brian,

With regard to SSR 3, I think it would be helpful to include the part in your explanation; namely, that the Hero is not marked with a fire counter, nor does it have to be in good order.

Otherwise, I think you are bound to get some questions, especially regarding whether or not the Hero has to "participate" in the TH attempt, i.e. become marked with a fire marker.

Regards,
Bruce Bakken

JOS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Brian,

I'd suggest using 'AFV' or some of the specific types from Ch. H such as 'TD', etc instead of 'tank' in SSR 2 - assuming you did mean the Hetzer to have Low Ammo.

Enjoy, Joshua