Help needed...ESG related

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
I probably played at least a third of ESG's scenarios before getting sidetracked by other ASL interests. Now I find myself dipping back into their binder but have nowhere to check for possible errata. IIRC from their now-gone website, there wasn't really a whole lot of errata to begin with, but what was listed was fairly crucial to the playablity of certain scenarios. Reinforcements entering from opposite map edge as printed on card, etc.

A few years back, I printed out all of the HOB errata from their website because I figured as a defunct publisher their webpage might not be up there forever. My question begins with whether anyone might have done the same with ESG's errata from their webpage? There were certainly hints from Glennbo at the time that the final pack produced would be their last. I guess I just assumed their webpage would still be up a decade+ later like HOB. I have tried the Wayback Machine, but as a computer caveman I may not have been using it correctly in my search that turned up nothing. I have also contacted a couple of forumites that were heavily involved in ESG playtest/design. One contacted a member of the ESG inner circle who said the info is basically no longer available, at least not on a spreadsheet, thumb drive, etc.

If anyone here can provide assistance in the matter, it would be greatly appreciated! Otherwise, my only recourse is to do a "....." site:gamesquad.com search and hope that someone asked the same question before, and that is IF I recognize a potential snafu. Usually, upon picking a scenario to play, the first thing I do is go to the publisher's website to see if there is any errata for it. In ESG's case, this can no longer be done.

Thank you.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I probably played at least a third of ESG's scenarios before getting sidetracked by other ASL interests. Now I find myself dipping back into their binder but have nowhere to check for possible errata. IIRC from their now-gone website, there wasn't really a whole lot of errata to begin with, but what was listed was fairly crucial to the playablity of certain scenarios. Reinforcements entering from opposite map edge as printed on card, etc.

A few years back, I printed out all of the HOB errata from their website because I figured as a defunct publisher their webpage might not be up there forever. My question begins with whether anyone might have done the same with ESG's errata from their webpage? There were certainly hints from Glennbo at the time that the final pack produced would be their last. I guess I just assumed their webpage would still be up a decade+ later like HOB. I have tried the Wayback Machine, but as a computer caveman I may not have been using it correctly in my search that turned up nothing. I have also contacted a couple of forumites that were heavily involved in ESG playtest/design. One contacted a member of the ESG inner circle who said the info is basically no longer available, at least not on a spreadsheet, thumb drive, etc.

If anyone here can provide assistance in the matter, it would be greatly appreciated! Otherwise, my only recourse is to do a "....." site:gamesquad.com search and hope that someone asked the same question before, and that is IF I recognize a potential snafu. Usually, upon picking a scenario to play, the first thing I do is go to the publisher's website to see if there is any errata for it. In ESG's case, this can no longer be done.

Thank you.

See if this helps

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States