Help needed: can't read SSR 4 on FT 221 Independance Day

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
A bunch of scenarios got wet on one corner and dried together. Most of the damage was not important, but SSR 4 of FT221, Independance Day, out of From the Cellar 8, I can't be certain what was originally printed. Can someone help fill in the blanks? Thanks.

FT221 Independance Day.jpg

JR

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
perfect. Thanks. I thought it was all one SSR but I now see there is a "5" as well.

JR

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Very strange rule about the Tobrouks. The Armored cupola rules make the crew inherent. I believe the only way that a crew could become broken while in the Tobrouks is if it were fired upon by fire where the elevation advantage is > the range. Given the boards used, that can't happen.

JR

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Very strange rule about the Tobrouks. The Armored cupola rules make the crew inherent. I believe the only way that a crew could become broken while in the Tobrouks is if it were fired upon by fire where the elevation advantage is > the range. Given the boards used, that can't happen.

JR
Likely the designer wanted to reflect the historical Tobrouks' design and any possible rules issues before some rules lawyers got up a head of steam. Better have it covered before issuing to us nit picking nerds.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Side bar. I asked the designer about this RE FL. It seemed unclear to me (not saying it will be you) whether FL were okay. He said NA.

I have played this scenario as Germans, with the above NA. I enjoyed the scenario.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Likely the designer wanted to reflect the historical Tobrouks' design and any possible rules issues before some rules lawyers got up a head of steam. Better have it covered before issuing to us nit picking nerds.
I get the feeling the designer thought that by virtue of being open-topped, the crew would become broken as if they were behind a wall or similar.

JR