Help Me Identify a TV "Celebrity"

MonsterZero

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What's his name? He's one of the better known TV Christian preachers on American television. Walks around with a microphone, a choir in the background, big show. He's a Neil Diamon kind of a guy, caucassian male with long straight hair.

He was convicted of embezzling his flock of money that was supposed to be donations and things like that, later made a tearful "God forgive me, I have sinned" speech on TV.

If somebody can tell me his name I will be able to look up additional info at Yahoo!

Goblin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MonsterZero said:
What's his name? He's one of the better known TV Christian preachers on American television. Walks around with a microphone, a choir in the background, big show. He's a Neil Diamon kind of a guy, caucassian male with long straight hair.

He was convicted of embezzling his flock of money that was supposed to be donations and things like that, later made a tearful "God forgive me, I have sinned" speech on TV.

If somebody can tell me his name I will be able to look up additional info at Yahoo!
Jim Bakker?

Goblin

Last edited:

MonsterZero

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jimmy Swaggart

I typed his name into Yahoo! search and his picture popped up.

But it looks like I have confused his case with that of another guy. Now I understand Jimmy was caught with prostitutes on a couple of occasions while the guy who stole the money was an African American preacher.

I saw him doing a show today and thought that as long as he's the same guy who got convicted of the finacial scam there's no way they'll let his face on TV again.

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Black Moria said:
All poster children of what is wrong with Christianity.... :rolleyes:
I hope you mean what is wrong with CHRISTIANS,...NOT "Christianity". To attribute a human failing to a concept that is completely ABOVE humanity is wrong.

The one thing that is WRONG with CHRISTIANITY is the one thing that also makes it right,...fallable and worldly-possessed humans. If we didn't need saving, Jesus would never have been sent.

...or at least that's what I believe.;) :)