Hello from Germany

Blindgänger

Reaction score
First name
Andreas
Country
llGermany
Hello everybody,

I'm Andreas and I've been playing SK for about 4.5 years now. I'm playing live every Friday with a friend from the US via VASL/Skype. I think we've only missed about two dozen Fridays in those four and a half years and we've been playing through almost all the SK scenarios. We send files back and forth on a daily basis and we switched to full ASL a few weeks ago.

I'm located in the middle of nowhere in North-West Germany.

Cheers,
Andreas

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Good to meet you! If you play on a Friday evening, we have a small group who play then. Very informal. Everyone play a the same scenario then meet up for a chat. You'd be very welcome.
That is outstanding!! I don't know if it is a common happening but regardless more groups should try it out. Very, very nice!🥰

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Hello everybody,

I'm Andreas and I've been playing SK for about 4.5 years now. I'm playing live every Friday with a friend from the US via VASL/Skype. I think we've only missed about two dozen Fridays in those four and a half years and we've been playing through almost all the SK scenarios. We send files back and forth on a daily basis and we switched to full ASL a few weeks ago.

I'm located in the middle of nowhere in North-West Germany.

Cheers,
Andreas
Andreas welcome aboard!! You have come to a great place to learn and increase your enjoyment of ASL. Don't hesitate to ask questions and use the search feature too. The guys on the forum are more than willing to offer advice, answer questions and help you meet fellow ASL enthusiasts.

My standard advice is to read some rules, play, play, play. Read the rules again covering what you have played. Then play, play play!! I am also a proponent of replaying the same scenario several times in a row. An old school approach but it worked for me.

Captain Bacchus, Brigadier Bacardi, Colonel Cuervo and I wish you the best of luck and remember to roll low!

The aforementioned trio are my good drinking buddies. I hate to drink alone.😉

Blindgänger

Reaction score
First name
Andreas
Country
llGermany
Hi, good to hear from you! We are organizing a yearly, Newbie-friendly get-together and tournament in Germany! Here is last year's webpage:

The next one will be in Late April 2023. It is always great fun and we have players from all levels of experience.
Thank you. I know about you guys. ;-) Been looking for tournaments / fests a lot lately.

Blindgänger

Reaction score
First name
Andreas
Country
llGermany
Good to meet you! If you play on a Friday evening, we have a small group who play then. Very informal. Everyone play a the same scenario then meet up for a chat. You'd be very welcome.
Thanks for the invitation.

Blindgänger

Reaction score
First name
Andreas
Country
llGermany
Andreas welcome aboard!! You have come to a great place to learn and increase your enjoyment of ASL. Don't hesitate to ask questions and use the search feature too. The guys on the forum are more than willing to offer advice, answer questions and help you meet fellow ASL enthusiasts.

My standard advice is to read some rules, play, play, play. Read the rules again covering what you have played. Then play, play play!! I am also a proponent of replaying the same scenario several times in a row. An old school approach but it worked for me.

Captain Bacchus, Brigadier Bacardi, Colonel Cuervo and I wish you the best of luck and remember to roll low!

The aforementioned trio are my good drinking buddies. I hate to drink alone.😉
Thank you. I will sure ask some questions sooner or later. A lot to learn here!

Good to hear - I do exactly that. I play live every friday night via Skype/VASL and the rest of the week PBEM, reading/checking rules while doing my turn. And we play scenarios mostly twice, switching sides after the first game, unless we did not enjoy a scenario.

Cheers!

Blindgänger

Reaction score
First name
Andreas
Country
llGermany
Salut! Je parle un peu de français seulement!