Hello, everyone!

HowardMathis

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello, everyone! My name is Howard Mathis, and I am new to this forum. I would like to introduce myself and join this community of players. I'm a big fan of board games and strategy simulators, so I'm very happy to find this place where I can connect with like-minded people and share my gaming interests. I currently play a variety of board games, such as World War II-themed games, historical simulations, and sci-fi strategies. I am also interested in new games and would like to learn about the latest innovations in the board game world. I hope to contribute to the community by discussing games, asking questions, and making new friends among players. I am willing to participate in discussions and share my experiences playing with other members. I look forward to chatting with you and learning more about your favorite games and gaming experiences. If you have any tips or recommendations for a newcomer, I'd love to hear them.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Welcome here Howard.
There are many opportunities to debate and speak of board wargames here.
You will notice that the main one covered is Advanced Squad Leader.
If ASL is among the games you like, Gamesquad is an invaluable place of resources.
But of course, other ones also have their folders.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Welcome, Howard!

ASL probably can't be called the latest innovation in the wargame world as it is around for a couple of decades, not counting its predecessor Squad Leader.

However, it can be called an innovation that stood the test of time.

von Marwitz