Hell Highway 2nd Edition

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hell's Highway 2nd Edition

Since the publication of LCP Hell's Highway a decade ago, I have been directed to new source material that has been published since. With this new information, combined with current information has steered the 2nd Edition of Hell's Highway closer to Veghel resulting in a new map, new combat units for both sides and a revamping of the scenarios, including the Tactical Mission.

Attached is the new map, about 90% completed. I am tempted to fill in the green space, but pictures in various books of the Market-Garden show mostly open fields with the occasional (post harvested) ploughed field and fields of crops (vegetables and grain).

As for the fighting at Mariaheide (map from 1st Edition), upon further research it was discovered that while there was fighting there, it was more sporadic and the new sources place the main fighting closer the Veghel - thus the modification.

Playtesting will be starting in the New Year. Cheers!

Zugführer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
@ George: Did You think about to include the new Mariaheide map in addition to this new Veghel map in the Hell's Highway 2nd Edition product? I would like it, to get both new maps. Just an idea ... and yes, I know that this would increase the price. But I wouldn't care.

Trainspotter

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I‘m after Hells Highway when I first saw it back in 2013 I think. Played one scenario at the Grenadier, but there wasn’t a copy for sale.

Now I want both maps!
Is there already a schedule when this package is available?