Heat of Battle 20% OFF Sale at www.Ritterkrieg.com

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow that is awesome news. Looking forward to repurchasing those old but great products.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great news indeed! Looking forward to new black and white SS counters and King of the Hill, Cassini etc. will there be any new Recon by Fire magazines?
Recon by fire 3 and 4 are still in stock in limited quantities. Recon 1 and 2 would have to be reprinted some time in the future.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
that's wonderful news on the HoB front. I have long loved and enjoyed their products and hoped there might be more in the future.

on a personal note. Read down a bit and I'm sorry to hear about the marriage. The failure of my first was the devastating emotional experiences I have experienced. Even more than the loss of my parents. That is expected and is a part of life. Marriages failing is not. Especially with children. I feel you there brother.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
HoB is practically dead. You might consider BFP's magazines as included in their modules as being RBF 5-?, well sort of.
Reprinting Onslaught to Orsha and the SS modules with the counters would probably be the most popular. Although really they could do a survey of ASL players to see what was most popular.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Interesting but not really. BFPs, while good, are completely focused on that particular product. The RbF’s usually had a variety of articles and scenarios although some were focused on a particular theme. Most importantly most had a DASL scenario or two which always makes a product better!

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Reprinting Onslaught to Orsha and the SS modules with the counters would probably be the most popular. Although really they could do a survey of ASL players to see what was most popular.
I believe that BFP are going to do a new version of OtO, eventually. I got 2 OtOs when it came out and thus would not be interested in a HoB reprint, but given BFP's track record would be interested in their version, they would most likely produce a greatly enhanced version. I would suggest those who are interested in OtO should lobby BFP to press forward their version rather than for a HoB reprint.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I believe that BFP are going to do a new version of OtO, eventually. I got 2 OtOs when it came out and thus would not be interested in a HoB reprint, but given BFP's track record would be interested in their version, they would most likely produce a greatly enhanced version. I would suggest those who are interested in OtO should lobby BFP to press forward their version rather than for a HoB reprint.
Some of the BFP people are working with Derrick on this. Most of the BFP people were part of HoB at one point. I would bet the OtO reprint will be done this way vice the other. I don't presume to speak for BFP or HoB. -- jim

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Some of the BFP people are working with Derrick on this. Most of the BFP people were part of HoB at one point. I would bet the OtO reprint will be done this way vice the other. I don't presume to speak for BFP or HoB. -- jim
I am not working with BFP on this. As far as I know, BFP has the rights to this and may be planning a reprint but this has nothing at all to do with me.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I must qualify my previous post: when I said "interested", I didn't mean "maybe", I meant "pretty much dead certain to buy two copies", finances and mortality otherwise allowing.

While the resurrected BFP's first two or three products (ITR, BtB2 and BFP2 "Operation Cobra") were good and equal to the best in terms of quality compared to the equivalent competing packs (APs and magazines), they really took off with BFP3 B&J which even in retrospect is still a quite stunning product. So despite being quite delighted with HoB's OtO, a standard setter for TPP in it's time, I would be very surprised if BFP's version did not exceed it, if not greatly exceed it.

I can only think of 2 HoB items that I don't have. KotH I would almost surely get as a reprint. GStK, maybe, I have ABtF and CH's version, a 3rd? Because I did not have a source for HoB stuff when GStK came out I did not pay much attention to it and its reviews, so I will stay my decision until I see comparisons and reviews.

MMP, BFP, LFT have been joined by LCP in my absolutely must buy list, MMP and BFP being in the "buy two" category. Though I have bought every SP and FrF item that I know of, if I for any reason missed one, I would not be on suicide watch. Miss an MMP or BFP item and the neighbours might give an occasional sniff at my door for putrefaction smells :wtf:.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I am not working with BFP on this. As far as I know, BFP has the rights to this and may be planning a reprint but this has nothing at all to do with me.
I amend my original statement to add "I don't speak for Derrick either. :) -- jim