Hear is a video I made about how I organize my ASL stuff

Dwindham

Reaction score
First name
Daniel
Country
llUnited States
That good system can be found in the link. About 8 players in Sweden have an identical (or almost the same) sortiment system.
Does that stuff get kind of expensive compared to cheaper options?

Dwindham

Reaction score
First name
Daniel
Country
llUnited States
Some prefer the rugged SK style frontier simplicity of zip lock sandwich bags inside the original boxes. And little groups of unused counters still bound together as they were pushed out of the counter sheets.
that sounds painful to me

Dwindham

Reaction score
First name
Daniel
Country
llUnited States
I see.

It does make a difference.

For example, it should take roughly 5 seconds to remove a RAACO Assorter from a RAACO Handy Box. Only then can you retrieve the counter from an Assorter. Doable for Infantry, maybe a bit tight for unusual AFV.

That said, a solution, which is not home-based but also mobile, will have a hard time to beat the 5 seconds to remove an Assorter from a Handy Box.

von Marwitz
I don't think I do anything in roughly 5 seconds lol

PresterJohn

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
that sounds painful to me
Not when it's time to pack up a game. For some reason packing up tends to be a very speedy process, because playing the game tends to suspend time.
And preparing for a game the night before, you just pick out the required OoB and put them in one bag. SK is not meant to be complex.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
For Starter Kit, I think these Plano boxes work well.

But I'm all in on Raaco for the rest of my ASL gear. Max flex, IMO, as you only need to bring the inserts you need for a game away from home. IOW, place all the relevant inserts into one Raaco Assorter and bring along with your system counters.

Another advantage of Raaco is that you can add (or subtract) new counters by adding or removing a single insert. I've found this feature increasingly useful as MMP has released new counters for various nationalities over the years. For example, adding the Eritreans to the Italian mix was a snap. More common have been new Assault Engineers (e.g., IJA 4-4-8s below), or special squads such as NKVD or Arrow Cross Militia.

If these new counters don't fit in a particular case, I can always use a smaller Assorter to store these new squad types. Ditto for vehicles such as Aerosans that get less use. Works great for Festung Budapest and Korean War (if you aren't able to dedicate an Assorter 55 just to the KW).

And another advantage of using Raaco (Assorter 55s) is that you can lock four of them into a Racktainer, part of the Systainer system. I have five Racktainers and 20 Assorter 55s. Thay hold all of my MMP containers except certain CG-specific ones. What's more, each Racktainer can lock into another, and then into a small base on casters. A big investment up front. But IMO well worth it in the long run.

Pucksnatcher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm just getting started with organization beyond the Plano boxes but am giving Hosan a try. I've used them for Decision's monster games like Atlantic Wall and really like the curved front of the compartments as it allows the chits to slide up rather than having to fish them out of the narrow compartments. Doing the labels will call for a very small font though as the "slots" are 1/2" wide (except for allowing a larger space for ordnance and vehicles) and the dividers are quite narrow. I'm modifying a label file that was on the TexasASL site but created for A4 paper.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

But I'm all in on Raaco for the rest of my ASL gear. Max flex, IMO, as you only need to bring the inserts you need for a game away from home. IOW, place all the relevant inserts into one Raaco Assorter and bring along with your system counters.

Another advantage of Raaco is that you can add (or subtract) new counters by adding or removing a single insert. I've found this feature increasingly useful as MMP has released new counters for various nationalities over the years. For example, adding the Eritreans to the Italian mix was a snap. More common have been new Assault Engineers (e.g., IJA 4-4-8s below), or special squads such as NKVD or Arrow Cross Militia.
View attachment 22687

If these new counters don't fit in a particular case, I can always use a smaller Assorter to store these new squad types. Ditto for vehicles such as Aerosans that get less use. Works great for Festung Budapest and Korean War (if you aren't able to dedicate an Assorter 55 just to the KW).
View attachment 22688

And another advantage of using Raaco (Assorter 55s) is that you can lock four of them into a Racktainer, part of the Systainer system. I have five Racktainers and 20 Assorter 55s. Thay hold all of my MMP containers except certain CG-specific ones. What's more, each Racktainer can lock into another, and then into a small base on casters. A big investment up front. But IMO well worth it in the long run.
View attachment 22689
Very nicely done, however...

... your units are not stacked in alphabetical order. :p

BTW, I was not aware of the 8-slot Assorters until now.

von Marwitz

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Very nicely done, however...

... your units are not stacked in alphabetical order. :p

von Marwitz
And here I thought that the German military was famous for its ability to orchestrate chaos.

BTW, I was not aware of the 8-slot Assorters until now.

von Marwitz
I take it you mean the "half-size" Assorter that holds half as many A7x inserts as an Assorter 55 does. These "half pints" are also useful for storing accessories. Aside from dice, tweezers, LOS string, etc., there's plenty of room for OBA tokens. ;)

Dwindham

Reaction score
First name
Daniel
Country
llUnited States

View attachment 22687

View attachment 22688

View attachment 22689
Wow, that is awesome ! When I have adult money I might transition over to that system

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

View attachment 22687

View attachment 22688

View attachment 22689
They look nice, but can they fight? (Donald Sutherland, The Dirty Dozen)