HEAP Memory Issue

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Lately, I have been getting heap memory notices in larger campaign games. The message notes I should increase the heap memory, currently 256 and 512. Should I double these values?

Cheers.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I am at 1024 since a long time. I haven't seen a HEAP error since then, but I did not see the error before I did it either.

uckelman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
That's the max heap for the module converter. (See the title of the tab: "Converter".) It's not used when you're opening a native VASSAL module like VASL.

You can find max heap for VASL by looking in Preferences > General under in VASL's window when you have the module open. (This is not the same as the Preferences for the Module Manager, which your screenshot is from.) Please check what you have set there.

Last edited:

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
That's the max heap for the module converter. (See the title of the tab: "Converter".) It's not used when you're opening a native VASSAL module like VASL.

You can find max heap for VASL by looking in Preferences > General under in VASL's window when you have the module open. (This is not the same as the Preferences for the Module Manager, which your screenshot is from.) Please check what you have set there.
Thanks. I wouldn't know what a Converter was unless it came up and introduced itself.

VASL max heap is 512MB.