Hazardous Movement for Flame Clearance: no effect?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
A unit that engages in Flame Clearance during its DFPh/MPh is using Hazardous Movement [B24.74]. However, the action is rolled for immediately, and by B24.7, the Hazardous Movement only applies between when the action is declared and when the Clearance DR is made (or the unit is pinned or no longer Good Order). The action also does not cost any MF/MP if made during the friendly MPh. Is there any way that the unit can be fired on using the Hazardous Movement DRM? The Hazardous Movement would cause concealment loss, but so would clearing the Flame (any other action).

JR

aneil1234

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Odd one
Never noticed that ?
If on the exceeding rare occasion I have a unit that has enough free time to be doing some fire fighting (with extinguisers and a few hoselines I guess :) ).......
I'm doing it so far away from any bad people, no one is going to be shooting at them

Seems like a rule with no reason ?
Very odd one mate

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
The only effect could be concealment loss - but it would fall under the concealment loss "other action" category anyway.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A unit that engages in Flame Clearance during its DFPh/MPh is using Hazardous Movement [B24.74]. However, the action is rolled for immediately, and by B24.7, the Hazardous Movement only applies between when the action is declared and when the Clearance DR is made (or the unit is pinned or no longer Good Order). The action also does not cost any MF/MP if made during the friendly MPh. Is there any way that the unit can be fired on using the Hazardous Movement DRM? The Hazardous Movement would cause concealment loss, but so would clearing the Flame (any other action).

JR
It might be possible to be under OBA when the action DR is made??? By fired on....I take you meant "attacked". Maybe you meant "direct fire".

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
It might be possible to be under OBA when the action DR is made??? By fired on....I take you meant "attacked". Maybe you meant "direct fire".
Flame clearance does not use a MF expenditure as far as I can tell. The declaration and the DR are both made immediately in the MPh without a MF expenditure, so I don't think that an OBA DFF attack would be triggered. The OBA would attack later in DFPh, but HazMov only applies between when the clearance is declared and the DR is made. If there were a MF expenditure then other units could attack too. I have been going through the various clearance actions, and so far only rubble clearance, sometimes mines (if a unit enters into a minefield) and others involving Dozers have MF expenditures. Most ordinary clearance actions do not.

edit: perhaps the OBA would attack as the unit is "becoming more vulnerable", but it's odd because the EX given all seem to relate to movement.

JR

Last edited: