Having trouble downloading that large file? Fear not

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A lot of good discussion has been generated as a result of the soon to appear Mega Campaign Screaming Eagles product and the soon to appear 8.0 version of the core program for Steel Panthers World at War.

Both of these items will put a lot of strain on some fans of course.
Bandwidth isn't free regardless of who ya is after all.

You will of course have to arrange for your purchase of MC-SE on your own.

But I think more people need to be reminded more often I guess, that you don't always have to do the download of large files such as the 8.0 file the hard way on your own.

I speak only for myself here, but I happen to know that the Matrix Games forum community and even guys I know of off site as well, are often very decent upstanding individuals. And we are numerous too.

This is my link to my own personal offer. It will soon be updated to offer the soon to be released 8.0 version file. Naturally, until the release is official, 7.1 is what is relevant.

http://www.wargamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8280

As you will immediately see, the offer is not just the Steel Panthers World at War core file eh (why waste a perfectly good cd if I have space left eh).

There is NO reason for going without people, none zero zippo nadda. The only person keeping you from enjoying Steel Panthers is YOU

5 bucks Canadian is a pitance when you look at what I offer. And yes, that is postage, all postage, and nothing but postage costs. I am NOT selling ANYTHING.
It's 5 bucks, only 5 bucks, nothing more than 5 bucks, and in the end only 5 bucks.
And hey that's Canadian eh, so to a yankee its not even really 5 bucks

I am able to add a second cd of all that other stuff, but that is on a specific request basis. I only send the Steel Panthers cd default.

Keep in mind guys, I am on a pension, I do this as I like to help others. But nothing happens until your 5 bucks appears in the mail, sorry, but pensions give no slack.
We have other members of our wargaming community that have also in the past offered aid to persons in need.

Going without is always YOUR idea eh

Give it some thought guys. At the end of the day, David Heath and Matrix Games have a lot to do in routine operations. The smart wargamer takes those easy options when they can be had.
The day after 8.0 is released, you can bet everyone and their uncle will be lined up wanting that download. You can either stand in line (and possibly a long line), or just make good use of a good idea.

Me

PS when I have 8.0, I will let ya know.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for your SPWAW support as always Les. I see Matrix is talking about a possible patch from 7.1 to 8.0 now instead of only offering the full game download. That would help greatly! I have a pretty good size personal site and bandwidth amount so hosting the patch should not be a problem.

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I keep having people use the word "Legendary" in sentences with my name :)

You guys make it hard to be an aries sometimes :)

DD I think part of the problem over at Matrix Games, is the game no matter how well loved, is still not a primary money maker (well actually the core game being free makes negative dollars as it costs Matrix Games money to give it away actually), and Matrix Games is after all a business.

If you can do anything with respects to releasing the eventual potential patch (and I suggest go about this with caution as it might get expensive suddenly without warning), I am sure David would greatly appreciate the assistance.

I think it is a no brainer, that the day 8.0 is released, anyone providing downloads is going to see a massive spike in bandwidth output.

But if wargamers unite to look out for each other, it only makes it collectively easier for wargamers to enjoy wargaming more fully.

The wargamer you assist today, might be the wargamer that assists you tomorrow.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
LestheSarge9-1 said:
I think it is a no brainer, that the day 8.0 is released, anyone providing downloads is going to see a massive spike in bandwidth output.
Fortunately my hosting company will just pause the downloading and will not charge me :p past my plan limit. They will offer me the chance to purchase a little extra for that month to cover my other needs (running my Combat Campaigns) while I take the download offline till the month rolls over. Also am thinking about burning CD's like yourself as backup when the time comes.