Have you stopped giving a damn (if MMP ever gets to it)

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I will be blunt, Panzer blitz and Panzer Leader are likely better purchases than anything you bought for a machine.

Yet the game is not on sale.

Why? oh likely the real reason is because the only people able to actually make the call are not really economically able to do anything in the first place.

And I doubt Hasbro even remembers that the game exists.

We COULD be playing a much improved version on much nicer boards with much nicer counters and benefiting from many years of independent user made creations.

We are not, and likely never will be.

And no I don't want to hear progress reports hehe.

I've been waiting on this project for quite a few years. In computers it's called vapour ware.

I'd also like a reprint of Up Front, and that's not coming either.

In fact I am not waiting to see a damn thing ever published by Avalon Hill ever to see the light of day under the guidance of MMP (the only people that might actually want it at least done right) other than ASL.

Sad but that's how I see it.

I've got my PB/PL sitting on the table here. I'm planning to hand make some new stuff for it. I have some images that have been invented by others. I am not incapable of a bit of my own game design.
And I am no longer all that interested in what MMP is supposedly doing.

Morbii

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I didn't think MMP had bought the rights to everything under AH - I thought it was mostly just ASL?

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just a quick reply
a) MMP did release a new version of PanzerBlitz (PanzerBlitz - Hill of Death) with revised rules and mechanics, and has continued support in their Opeartions magazine
b) if you're not interested in a revised ruleset, there are a number of independent sources keeping the flame alive;
- try Imaginative Strategist for expanded counter sets and a few new situations. There is a extensive number of new boards and a beautiful 4 map set for Tobruk, alas no scenarios for them.
- try gregpanzerblitz.com for new counter sets (mirrored I think), small number of situations and PanzerBlitz Orders of Battle for various periods, recently North Africa OOBs
- try googling for other forums, I think there is an active yahoo group, but not sure

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
So I Googled PanzerBlitz - Hill of Death comically I found the MMP page with the game which I had never seen oddly enough.

Also found a few forums sites and also comically some of our crew here talking about it last year :) Even recognized numerous internet forum handles so I had a feel for the value of the remarks based on what I know of the people.

I think I can sum up PanzerBlitz - Hill of Death as 40 bucks to buy something that was screwed up from fixing something that wasn't needing fixing quite that much.

Regarding MMP and other AH titles. Well we all know Hasbro owns the label AH. It's just a conclusion of my own that there simply isn't anyone else connected to Hasbro that would give a damn about board game wargames.

I'm also thinking that MMP is almost certainly demonstrating that Panzerblitz/Leader is NOT ever coming back. They can keep Hill of crap.

Oh well, just means I will need to go and sort out getting the images I have of all that neat Imaginative Strategist stuff (yes known about them for a good while) printed decently if I want to go beyond my weather worn copies of the originals.
I'm not concerned about making the counters decently. Being a skilled modeler, I have quite a lot of polystrene sheet around here. Simple to adhere print outs to the stuff and presto. Not something I would normally call fun though.

Ryan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Been a spell since your post - has your opinion and assessment changed about PB:Hill of Death?

Ryan