Have you ever met a celebrity/star and were they cool?

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I had dinner with Lieutenant Colonel Rich Clifford some years ago, after he had just gotten back from a space shuttle mission. I was very fortunate to be the guest of honor, and Lt Col Clifford was kind enough to present me with the patch from his NASA uniform. I really ought to have that framed.

Everyone sitting at the table was a general except for Lt Col Clifford and myself. Talk about feeling very small.

Last edited:

echack

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've met and worked with a bunch of astronauts.

Met Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, Gene Cernan, and Alan Shepard of the moonwalkers. Talked football with the last two at a Houston Oilers game. I did limited work with John Young (Gemini, Apollo, Shuttle astronaut).

Worked on projects with Kalpana Chawla, a member of the Columbia crew, and with Marsha Ivins. Rick Hieb was a boss of mine - he did the spacewalk that captured a satellite for retrieval. I rode the elevator and carried copies of the Challenger Commission report into the JSC director's office for Sally Ride. There are a bunch more that I've been in meetings with.

I've met a few musicians - Al Stewart, the late Doug Sahm, VnV Nation. I met the Firesign Theatre once.

My brother has a huge list of celebrity meets - he does film work and has met everyone from Willie Nelson, the band Arcade Fire (for a video), Brad Pitt, Robert Rodriguez, Quentin Tarantino, James Cameron, Cissy Spacek (he's worked for her husband several times on films), Jennifer Lopez, George Clooney, Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, Peter O'Toole, Elijah Wood, Bruce Willis, Jessica Chastain, and so on.

Paul_RS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
CPO Mike Thornton, Navy Seal and MOH recipient.
Bill Sparks DSM, one the only two survivors from the 'Cockleshell Heroes' raid.
Certainly not 'Celebrities' but you don't meet people like that every day.