Hatten OBA question

Swedishdude

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hi,
Me and my opponent have come to different conclusions regarding if the american O5 bombardment RG is considered a OBA module for the sake of the 1 OBA max/ scenario, i dont think so since it is never reffered to as an OBA, while my opponent thinks that since it is under the same category as the other OBAs it is counted towards this daily max.
Who is correct?

Regards
Chris

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
O1 to O4 refer to Xmm OBA Modules and say "(see SSR CG6)" at the end of their description. O5 does not.

AFAIK, you may purchase an O1-O4 RG and an O5 RG together on the same CG Day.

Fiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
1. Hatten rule 3.6181:
.... ID: Provides an alphanumeric identification for each RG. All InfantryRG have an "I" initial letter designation; all Heavy Weapons RG(HMG, MTR, etc.) have an "HW" initial designation; all AFV RG have an"A" initial designation; all Gun RG have a "G" initial designation; all OBA RG have an "0"....
2. Bombardment has id O5 and is thus an OBA.

3. CG6
.."Each side is limited to having a maximum of one OBA module per CG scenario".

Conclusion
The bombardment is OBA (As per 3.6181) and voids the use of other OBA the same CG day.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Bombardement is an OBA RG, but I am not sure that makes it an OBA Module.

Last edited:

Fiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hej Klas

Did you mean to write "Bombardement is an OBA RG, but I am not sure that makes it an OBA Module."?

So I take it that I am wrong.

Thanks

Last edited:

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
C1.1 describes a "module" of OBA as a single battery firing from off board. Now C1.8 doesn't describe a bombardment by any number of batteries of off board artillery and could represent a single battery firing over an extended period of time (unlikely, but possible) or a number of batteries firing at a target area for an unspecified period of time, in which case it would not be considered an OBA module because of the multiple number of batteries involved. I tend to lean towards Klas' interpretation that a bombardment is not considered an OBA Module but there is certainly some room for contention of this take on the matter. Perhaps a Q to Perry or clarification of his intent by Rogers would help resolve the issue.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Alos, only the actual OBA Modules (not the Bombardment RG) references SSR CG6 in the REINFORCEMENT GROUP PURCHASE RECORD.

Fiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Q
C1.1 describes a "module" of OBA as a single battery firing from off board. Now C1.8 doesn't describe a bombardment by any number of batteries of off board artillery and could represent a single battery firing over an extended period of time (unlikely, but possible) or a number of batteries firing at a target area for an unspecified period of time, in which case it would not be considered an OBA module because of the multiple number of batteries involved. I tend to lean towards Klas' interpretation that a bombardment is not considered an OBA Module but there is certainly some room for contention of this take on the matter. Perhaps a Q to Perry or clarification of his intent by Rogers would help resolve the issue.
Q to Perry sent