Hatten in Flames CG RG question

sfcmikej

US Army Retired
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey All,

We are getting ready to play the Hatten CG. In other campaign games the reinforcement groups seem to have a rule that says leaders and SW must initially be stacked with the RG that they were purchased with. I don't see that limitation in the Hatten rules. Am I missing it, was it forgotten, or is it OK to place them with whoever?

Mike

Jeff Sewall

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You're not missing it. I don't know if it was forgotten, but in general, the Hatten CG rules are simplified compared to previous AH/MMP CG's so I imagine it was intentional. Since there is no rule specifying possession by its RG, we played it as OK to place them with whoever.

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Even though it is not in the rules. That would be a good house rule to agree on beforehand.

sfcmikej

US Army Retired
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not having played the CG it may be that it is not needed. Since there is some limitations in how many companies you can buy at the same time perhaps it will not really impact play. It remains to be seen.

Mike

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The first rule of house rules is: You do not talk about house rules.

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Hey All,

We are getting ready to play the Hatten CG. In other campaign games the reinforcement groups seem to have a rule that says leaders and SW must initially be stacked with the RG that they were purchased with. I don't see that limitation in the Hatten rules. Am I missing it, was it forgotten, or is it OK to place them with whoever?

Mike
I'm not sure what you mean... Almost all reinforcements must enter from off map, so they cannot be stacked with onmap groups (retained groups). I think only german gun reinforcements can start onboard 5he turn you buy it.

So if you are speaking of previously bought reinforcements groups, that had endured at least one scenario, I think thst yes, you can deploy them onboard, and stack them as you want...

Andrew Rogers

Reaction score
First name
Andy
Country
llAustralia
Hey All,

Mike
Hi from Andy Rogers (Hatten designer). As per an earlier comment, I simplified the purchase/reinforcement rules (eg. no 'depleted' companies etc). As such, you can 'cross-pollinate' those reinforcement groups entering from off-board in the new CG day.