Hatten in Flames CG I SCPP Replenishment

gameplayer1987

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We are uncertain on how to interpret these two seemingly conflicting rules in CG I.

CG I Special Rule CG I.2

"On either CG Day 4 or CG Day 5 (12-13 January), the American player may make two DRs on the 3.6162 SCPP Replenishment Table. If these DRs are made on CG Day 5 (13 January), an additional -3 DRM applies to both DRs."

3.6162 Specific CPP Replenishment

"If the previously completed day was non-Idle, then a secret DR is used to determine the number of SCPP available for expenditure from the table below."

Our situation is that we have an idle day on CG day 4 (January 12). The American player has not yet used CG I Special Rule CG I.2. Does the American player forfeit this roll (for CG Day 5) based on 3.6162 because CG Day 4 was idle? Or does the special rule I.2 allow the American to make the roll regardless of whether the day is idle or not?

Andrew Rogers

Reaction score
First name
Andy
Country
llAustralia
We are uncertain on how to interpret these two seemingly conflicting rules in CG I.

CG I Special Rule CG I.2

"On either CG Day 4 or CG Day 5 (12-13 January), the American player may make two DRs on the 3.6162 SCPP Replenishment Table. If these DRs are made on CG Day 5 (13 January), an additional -3 DRM applies to both DRs."

3.6162 Specific CPP Replenishment

"If the previously completed day was non-Idle, then a secret DR is used to determine the number of SCPP available for expenditure from the table below."

Our situation is that we have an idle day on CG day 4 (January 12). The American player has not yet used CG I Special Rule CG I.2. Does the American player forfeit this roll (for CG Day 5) based on 3.6162 because CG Day 4 was idle? Or does the special rule I.2 allow the American to make the roll regardless of whether the day is idle or not?
Hi from Andy Rogers (Hatten designer). Good question. I can assure you this situation did not come up in playtest. This is worthy of an Errata. In terms of play balance, in this situation, the Americans are allowed one roll on the SCPP Replenishment Table with an additional -3 DRM (because it is for Day 5). I will provide MMP with a suggested Errata. Hope you are enjoying the CG.

Reactions: Abe