Hatten In Flames available for pre-order

Victor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mine has finally arrived. Looks great as usual! Now to find out who is left here in San Diego to play since I've taken a 4 year break from ASL to finish evening law school.

Steed

Reaction score
First name
Walter
Country
llUnited States
For those of us who didn't preorder, is there a date yet when it will be available for purchase?

KED

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi, (fair question by the way) Hatten was always designed to be 'smaller' (and reflects the $45 price point). The submission four years ago has not varied. It could have contained covered the battle both in Hatten and Rittershoffen and gone the full two weeks (see www.hatten1945.com). Then you would have gotten your $100+ CG offering. However, the release date would have been 'never' and the wife would have the 'house and kids'. Furthermore, I would have been seeing endless burning rubbled village hexes in my dreams as I suffered another night of playtesting. :) Andy
So when is Rittershoffen coming out? ;)

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Most interesting CG.
I own most of the CGs from MMP, but this is the one I most want to play.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I just received my copy of Hatten in Flames - preordered through Secondchancegames.
It will be easy to dive into, as the special rules are not complicated nor numerous.
The map is really beautiful, which is a good immersive factor.

Rison.Az

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Most interesting CG.
I own most of the CGs from MMP, but this is the one I most want to play.
For those of us who have not tackled a HASL CG yet, its the perfect size. Really appreciate these smaller bite size components.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Got my copy from Second Chance Games a couple of days ago, it only took a day to arrive, overnight
GREAT service and a really great module

Zugführer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I never played a CG. Where can I find the rules to play a CG? Is the chapter "I. Campaign Game" neccessary to play a CG or do I only have to use the chapter of the HASL module? By the way, I cannot find this chapter I in my ASL binders.

dur

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I never played a CG. Where can I find the rules to play a CG? Is the chapter "I. Campaign Game" neccessary to play a CG or do I only have to use the chapter of the HASL module? By the way, I cannot find this chapter I in my ASL binders.
Chapter I was never published. All CG rules are self-contained on a per-HASL basis in the chapter that comes with that HASL, usually as the last section of the rules. I believe it is HF3. for Hatten.

Although, at this point since most CGs are based off of the RB one, you could pretty much backport much of the chapter O framework into a de facto chapter I.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Although, at this point since most CGs are based off of the RB one, you could pretty much backport much of the chapter O framework into a de facto chapter I.
At some point, I would like to see a "standard" set of CG rules, possibly in a future edition of the rules. That would make it possible to cut on the length of any HASL rules; instead of explaining the whole concept of the "RePh" again and again, they'd just concentrate on anything specific to the HASL at hand. It would even make it easier on the reader to spot the differences with the previous one (not to mention make TPP's life easier).

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
At some point, I would like to see a "standard" set of CG rules, possibly in a future edition of the rules. That would make it possible to cut on the length of any HASL rules; instead of explaining the whole concept of the "RePh" again and again, they'd just concentrate on anything specific to the HASL at hand. It would even make it easier on the reader to spot the differences with the previous one (not to mention make TPP's life easier).
That is a great idea! I would also help people create DYO campaign games from either existing related scenarios or complete DYO scenarios.

dur

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That is a great idea! I would also help people create DYO campaign games from either existing related scenarios or complete DYO scenarios.
They could also bring forward the "campaign game" from the original Squad Leader rulebook and the modular framework of the Squad Leader Commando CG (from one of the Annuals, I think?). With a little bit of fleshing out, this could make Chapter I a pretty substantial addition to a 3rd edition of the RB.

Last edited:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
CH did that with Platoon Leader.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
CH did that with Platoon Leader.
Yeah, I think I even have a copy of it somewhere. I was more thinking along the line of, "I'd like MMP to do it". TPPs are not going to make much reference to CH stuff, and neither are MMP, so it's not exactly helping.