Hatten In Flames available for pre-order

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought that they billed your CC when they shipped/

My CC was billed on Monday and at most it would be Thursday for delivery. Saturday and still nothing. I only live 1 state away.

nebel

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
There is some posted in the ASL Facebook group.
Ah - Guess I will never know then... Have to play them myself instead ;-)

Started with HF7 Gotta Get Out yesterday - I won as the Americans. Defense was set up strong south of the tracks so I entered mostly on the West and pushed into the orchard with my smoke assets. Got some good rolls early and quickly surrounded the A13 victory building.
German defense was well layered so it was a close push but was able to break and scatter them by turn 4.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I may be in the minority, but I feel this HASL module to be a bit underwhelming. I was expecting a little more than I got, but it was on the cheap end. Maybe my expectations were a bit high. But just about everything MMP puts out for ASL is usually gold. My 2 cents.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I may be in the minority, but I feel this HASL module to be a bit underwhelming. I was expecting a little more than I got, but it was on the cheap end. Maybe my expectations were a bit high. But just about everything MMP puts out for ASL is usually gold. My 2 cents.
Just out of curiosity, what more were you excepting?, more scenarios?, more counters?, bigger map?, more/larger CG?

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes the Hatten module is inexpensive that is for sure, if CH had done something like that, they would be charging 100+ bucks. Right now I am enjoying this module, it is alot of fun and I think it will become a classic CG that will see lots of play like RB.

Scott

Just out of curiosity, what more were you excepting?, more scenarios?, more counters?, bigger map?, more/larger CG?

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For anyone who playtested it... how much replay is there in it? I've only just opened the box, no analysis or anything done...

RB is RB because there are a bunch of ways to play it, maybe not making it winnable but certainly enjoyable.

Is Hatten small enough that it will play the same way every time? Will the purchases become standard and must buys?

Andrew Rogers

Reaction score
First name
Andy
Country
llAustralia
For anyone who playtested it... how much replay is there in it? I've only just opened the box, no analysis or anything done...

RB is RB because there are a bunch of ways to play it, maybe not making it winnable but certainly enjoyable.

Is Hatten small enough that it will play the same way every time? Will the purchases become standard and must buys?
Hi, good question with regards to 'replay' value ... the playtesting suggested there should be good 'replay' value given the available OBs are evenly broken down between armor and infantry and the terrain is varied by being both a little open (in the south) and more 'village-like' (in the north). You have to work out whether which 'arm' is going to get the job done (infantry vs armor) and which terrain-type is more of a friend to the OB choose (open vs village). Furthermore, you don't have to commit huge amounts of time to get through the CG. Andy

Andrew Rogers

Reaction score
First name
Andy
Country
llAustralia
Hi, (fair question by the way) Hatten was always designed to be 'smaller' (and reflects the $45 price point). The submission four years ago has not varied. It could have contained covered the battle both in Hatten and Rittershoffen and gone the full two weeks (see www.hatten1945.com). Then you would have gotten your $100+ CG offering. However, the release date would have been 'never' and the wife would have the 'house and kids'. Furthermore, I would have been seeing endless burning rubbled village hexes in my dreams as I suffered another night of playtesting. :) Andy

Last edited:

Steve E7

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
After I checked out the website, I decided to buy. Its akin to the "The Game as History" one finds in the Great Campaigns of the American Civil War" series. Other HASL's have nice historical background, don't get me wrong, I was just impressed by the ability I'll have to dig a little deeper into the product using the site. Nice job!

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought that they billed your CC when they shipped/

My CC was billed on Monday and at most it would be Thursday for delivery. Saturday and still nothing. I only live 1 state away.
What is the policy on orders?

Does MMP charge your CC when they ship your product OR does MMP charge your CC when they are getting ready to ship your order?

Just asking. The shipping might be delayed because it has been raining fairly heavy lately.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
howdy-

What are the white circles in some of the buildings? Steeple? or 1st level locations?

thanks

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I don't havec HiF yet, but here is the single-hex two story house rule.
B31.3 SINGLE-HEX TWO-STORY HOUSE: A building with a large white center dot (EX: 25E8) is a 1½-level LOS obstacle with both a ground- and first-level Location and an inherent stairwell.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The map is also very nice. It is not the standard paper, nor the overly shiny, easily ripped stuff. I have it set up on my game table for a game of the first scenario.

If it holds up well, I'd like to see MMP continue to use this material for all HASL maps in the future.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seems a decent purchase and I recommended it to a semi-dormant ASL buddy and he decided to get it. I have probably spent the most 'time' playing RB, then PB for my campaign games. If you expect something more along the lines of PrBR/PBR combo this is about right.

If the scenarios are good, I can see them used in tournaments. Will try out my first next week and am looking forward to it.

KED

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's MINE!
I now have enough US MMGs and German LMGs to dedicate entire counter trays to each! [

Loved PB because of its size so I'm sure I'll love HiF. The map is very nice.

Thanks MMP and thanks to The Gamers for their great service!

Steve E7

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mine arrived today from Gamers Armory. Great service as usual from them.
I really like the quality of the map. The pictures of the winterized board don't do it justice. Its even better than it looks.