Hatten In Flames available for pre-order

Misterhawk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's not what that means even slightly. I'm sure Brian can speak for himself, but when any company has successful product lines it allows them to take risks on products that are less guaranteed to make a return on investment. That's a lot different from having the successful product subsidize other products.

And given the amount of time and effort that goes into any ASL product, they (like just about every commercial wargame I've every seen) are underpriced to a significant degree.

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hatten In Flames is almost ready to ship, along with Beyond Valor, Armies of Oblivion, and reprints of ASLSK1 and ASLSK2. Everything is coming back from the printers at once, and half the staff is off at the World Boardgaming Championships. When they return it will take them a while to collate games and get them ready to ship so please be patient. They'll be out soon.

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hatten In Flames is almost ready to ship, along with Beyond Valor, Armies of Oblivion, and reprints of ASLSK1 and ASLSK2. Everything is coming back from the printers at once, and half the staff is off at the World Boardgaming Championships. When they return it will take them a while to collate games and get them ready to ship so please be patient. They'll be out soon.

Attachments

Zugführer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
These are good news.

Are there news about the availability of "Front Toward Enemy" too?

I hoped that HiF and FtE were in the same print run.

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
FTE isn't ready yet, sorry. Being fairly new to the company I'm still not fully up to speed on all the production aspects of things. However I know that ASL products use a different counter material than MMP's other games which makes it difficult to combine ASL products with non-ASL products at the printers. That's why there's a big burst of ASL stuff coming on stream now.

Andrew Rogers

Reaction score
First name
Andy
Country
llAustralia
Speaking of 'broken down' .... from one of the American unit histories during the second day at Hatten (10 January 1945):

‘... when we started to try to clean up the town, (my unit) E Company and four Hellcats came in. Several of those (TD) boys really were wonderful, standing right there swapping punch for punch with Tiger tanks (ED note: actually Panthers). Their platoon leader, 2d Lt. Robert F. Jones, of Casper, Wyo., deserves the Silver Star. They found an abandoned M-10 tank destroyer there in good condition and decided to use it instead of one of their own ...'
Combat diary of Lt Goodwin (History of 79th Infantry Division, p108)

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've been away from ASL for awhile, but in ASL terms I'm not sure if that makes sense (without more context from the book). Both the M10 and the M18 have the same punch. Against panthers both are just as toasted. At least the Hellcat has extra mobility.

What am I missing?

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I've been away from ASL for awhile, but in ASL terms I'm not sure if that makes sense (without more context from the book). Both the M10 and the M18 have the same punch. Against panthers both are just as toasted. At least the Hellcat has extra mobility.

What am I missing?
The standard load out on a real Hellcat, as I understand it, was mostly HVAP so the real life TD had more punch than it's ASL counterpart. According to Wiki (take it for what it's worth), the HVAP could penetrate a Panther frontally out to 1000 meters. -- jim

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The standard load out on a real Hellcat, as I understand it, was mostly HVAP so the real life TD had more punch than it's ASL counterpart. According to Wiki (take it for what it's worth), the HVAP could penetrate a Panther frontally out to 1000 meters. -- jim
Wikipedia says it could penetrate the Panther turret frontally out to 1000 meters. US 76L APCR has a TK of 22, and at 13-18 the TK # drops by 1, so the TK is 21 vs. the Panther turret frontal 14 AF. At 19-24 APCR drops by 3, so TK 19 vs 14 AF: still possible but much less likely. The Panther hull is 18 AF, making a frontal hull kill not very likely. Score one for ASL.

JR