Hatten In Flames available for pre-order

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Wouldn't it be nice if MMP put 800 chits in a bucket and picked a few when the pre-order number was reached, then gave those away for free? ;-)

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, they give a 25% discount, so that's kinda the same as giving every fourth person a free one . . . if you don't think about it too hard.

takai

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
The box cover looks fantastic, can't wait to play this one!

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I think Red October is lagging because everyone's going for the Red Factories combo pack. It's at 1763 orders, and 900 needed. The map pack is not doing so well.

Hatten has hit 488 orders already today!

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
To tell you the truth I didn't read the description nor was I aware of which battle it covers until someone asked whether this is part of NordWind.

Perry Sez : pre-order .. so I ordered.

That's it.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
very good question, I'd love to know whats coming up on the countersheets

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Red October?
Red October doesn't need to hit a preorder number in order to be printed (Red Factories needed to hit its number, and then October gets run, no matter what its number is); i.e., the preorder number for October on the MMP website is purely informational.

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada

Andrew Rogers

Reaction score
First name
Andy
Country
llAustralia
There have been a couple of queries with regards to the historical backdrop to Hatten. Initially, I would direct individuals to the official US military history covering the engagement and the broader Nordwind campaign: “Riviera to the Rhine” - Jeffrey J. Clarke and Robert Ross Smith.

It is a free (20mb) PDF download at:
https://history.army.mil/html/books/007/7-10-1/CMH_Pub_7-10-1.pdf

This history covers General Jacob L. Devers’ United States 6th Army Group landing in August 1944 in Marseilles through to their drive to the Rhine River.

Operation Nordwind, the German counter-offensive in the French province of Alsace, is covered in the following pages: pp492-532. The portion of the battle for the villages of Hatten and Rittershoffen is covered in pp518-520.

A slightly altered version of the Nordwind map from the official history is attached.Nordwind_January_1945.jpg