Hatten In Flames available for pre-order

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I've been away from ASL for awhile, but in ASL terms I'm not sure if that makes sense (without more context from the book). Both the M10 and the M18 have the same punch. Against panthers both are just as toasted. At least the Hellcat has extra mobility.
It wouldn't surprise me if this was the explanation:

wikipedia said:
In general, Hellcat crews were complimentary of their vehicle's performance and capabilities, but did complain that the open top created a cold interior in the Northern European winter of 1944–45. This problem was not helped by the fact that the air-cooled engine pulled a percentage of its cooling air through the crew compartment, creating, in effect, a large armor-plated refrigerator. It was not designed to do so, but it proved impossible to seal off the crew compartment entirely from engine induced drafts.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M18_Hellcat#Mobility

JR

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wikipedia says it could penetrate the Panther turret frontally out to 1000 meters. US 76L APCR has a TK of 22, and at 13-18 the TK # drops by 1, so the TK is 21 vs. the Panther turret frontal 14 AF. At 19-24 APCR drops by 3, so TK 19 vs 14 AF: still possible but much less likely. The Panther hull is 18 AF, making a frontal hull kill not very likely. Score one for ASL.

JR
I always cross my fingers for turret hits.....

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
shipped? My order disappeared on my order history section of my login. Did not get a "packing" or "shipped" email. I just emailed their support.

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My "Packing" notice actually came in about 6 hours after I got the "Shipped/Dispatched" notice, so they may be having email issues with their notification system.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
shipped? My order disappeared on my order history section of my login. Did not get a "packing" or "shipped" email. I just emailed their support.
I did find my order and it is still on hold. I thought they forgot it. :)

Zugführer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
When one of You lucky fellows gotten his HiF module would be so nice to take a few pictures from the content, that would be very nice. An unboxing video would be even better of course. ;)

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When one of You lucky fellows gotten his HiF module would be so nice to take a few pictures from the content, that would be very nice. An unboxing video would be even better of course. ;)
I think I've been able to reduce some shots down small enough to post.

Attachments

dur

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I really appreciate the fact that such an effort was made to scale down the campaign game to a nice introductory size (similar to Elst). Chapter HF has been placed right after Chapter FB in my binder, and the contrast is quite stark! All of Hatten's SSR and terrain rules (almost) fit on one side of one page. I can't wait to get this to the table.

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I really appreciate the fact that such an effort was made to scale down the campaign game to a nice introductory size (similar to Elst). Chapter HF has been placed right after Chapter FB in my binder, and the contrast is quite stark! All of Hatten's SSR and terrain rules (almost) fit on one side of one page. I can't wait to get this to the table.
I was pleasantly surprised that the SSRs were not overwhelming and the scenarios seem like they very manageable and won't require a lot of rules study. I don't generally have time for CGs, but agree that HF would be a good one to start with.

Last edited:

Zugführer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
@ pwashington: Thank You for the photos.

This one looks very cool. Now it only has to be shipped to my retailer and from there to me.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hatten arrived today and boy was thay package poorly put together, must have had curt shilling boxing my module lol. anybody else get really beat up packages? Contents are fine fortunately but I never seen MMP send out packages like this before.
damaged 002.JPGdamaged 003.JPGdamaged 001.JPGdamaged 002.JPGdamaged 003.JPG

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
It rather seems that the USPS did the boxing (pun intended).