Hatten errata?

Juzek

Steve Kyle
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the "Fortification Purchase Table" for 3.619 note 3 is missing for HIP. Note 3 indicates the FPP cost for an AFV/squad/HS/crew/SMC. The note in the FPP cost for HIP, 5/3/2/1/1, is "2," which refers to the cost per fortified building Location and that Tunnels are NA. That note should be "3," correct?

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Several Hatten scenarios use roads for OB's to designate set up purposes. For example in HF1-Black Day in Hatten the Germans set up east of the A12-D13-F12-K13-M11-P11 Road. Does this mean the Germans set up east of the Road Hexes or east of the road? This matters since road hexes have center dots without the road on them and can allow OB's to set up in the road hexes while fulfilling the set up requirements.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
I’ve always considered B.1 to kick in and imply that if you’re subject to road hex rules you’re on the road but interested to see other perspectives.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Several Hatten scenarios use roads for OB's to designate set up purposes. For example in HF1-Black Day in Hatten the Germans set up east of the A12-D13-F12-K13-M11-P11 Road. Does this mean the Germans set up east of the Road Hexes or east of the road? This matters since road hexes have center dots without the road on them and can allow OB's to set up in the road hexes while fulfilling the set up requirements.
This is a very common set up instruction.
Why should hexes with a road, where the road depiction doesn't cover the hex center not be roads or not be road hexes?
I don't think that a unit could set up in a road hex, under the argument that it is sitting on the hex center east of the road depiction.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Several Hatten scenarios use roads for OB's to designate set up purposes. For example in HF1-Black Day in Hatten the Germans set up east of the A12-D13-F12-K13-M11-P11 Road. Does this mean the Germans set up east of the Road Hexes or east of the road?...
Road hexes.

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is a very common set up instruction.
Why should hexes with a road, where the road depiction doesn't cover the hex center not be roads or not be road hexes?
I don't think that a unit could set up in a road hex, under the argument that it is sitting on the hex center east of the road depiction.
Similar to an SSR that states AFV's can't set up in buildings, but they can set up in bypass in a building hex. That's why I asked.....

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Similar to an SSR that states AFV's can't set up in buildings, but they can set up in bypass in a building hex. That's why I asked.....
I understand.
But when an instruction tells you that you can set up adjacent to a building, it doesn't mean that you can set up in bypass of it.
In the present case, the road is defined by a string of hexes. If you set up in a road hex, you never are east of it.

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I understand.
But when an instruction tells you that you can set up adjacent to a building, it doesn't mean that you can set up in bypass of it.
In the present case, the road is defined by a string of hexes. If you set up in a road hex, you never are east of it.
I understand...
In the present case the instructions didn't say to set up adjacent to road hexes east of it, but thanks for the input.