Hatten CG1 in pictures

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I chose a survive defense - so far it is working with minimal loss - tonight US t3 is happening so I will see what works out. Hopefully I should be able to cause some casualties and give them a bloody nose.

Fiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I did the same, except for the three tank hunter teams.

Saved about half of the forward troops but the German side paid heavily.

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As a follow up on survive defense. on two turns I took most of casualties - however, as approach US T5 (most likely I will call it - 80% chance) I suffered 11 casualty points versus inflicting 29 on the Germans. I conceded the victory locations so technically the Germans will win the opening scenario, but I have most of my force returning with no isolated units.

It appears as I will hold the RR station, Temple Neuf, and the D19 buildings. There is still some action in the J13 building area, but that will be either counterattack or just pound them to see if I can get anything.

Purchases were I1, I2, I4, HW1, A3, O1, and M1. The fortifications were 2 HIP AFVs which were used in a successful ambush and dummy counters to cause some caution on turns 1 and 2 which gave me time for the reinforcements to get close to position.

Steve E7

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the post!
I'm going to decide on my Day 1 purchases over the weekend and will post mine as well.
I can see the dummy counters in your pictures. Nice use of them.

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the post!
I'm going to decide on my Day 1 purchases over the weekend and will post mine as well.
I can see the dummy counters in your pictures. Nice use of them.
Please note they are not my pictures - my game is separate from Fiedler's.

Steve E7

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My purchases are as follows. It seems to be the decision is to buy 2 A (Armor) RG's or not. I decided not to. Bought more infantry instead. I see my Day 1 being more trying to hide and avoid suffering too many CVP, therefore didn't want my armor sitting around available for the Germans to target.
We'll buy them after Day 1, I'll have more infantry on board then to protect them. At least that was my thinking. Even buying 1 A RG, the US will have 8 total AFV's available.

I2
I3
I4
HW1
A4
O1
M1

Total cost is 19 out of 20 CPP