Hatten CG thoughts...

Erik Red

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
My playing went the exact opposite.

I focused on buying as many elite forces (including the AE's) right out of the gate as the German.

I blitzed from the start and stayed on top of the American infantry...never letting him build separation so that if he tried to zero in OBA on my infantry he was just as likely to get his troops as mine. Conversely, I brought my OBA in behind the Ami front line so he was always being forced to either rout into my OBA or to risky rally points...which allowed me to repeatedly cut rout paths using the HT's and PzIV's on the flanks. The moral difference of 8 vs mostly 6's and some 7's was a huge difference. The Ami infantry just couldn't hack the German FP.

As long as you don't let the Ami get side shots the Panthers and JgdPzIV are practically invulnerable to US ordnance.

A Panther hull down in the graveyard along with the 81Mtrs and a couple of MG kept the Ami's away for the whole CG. That combined with the constant pressure on the center and other flank and even going after the graveyard became a luxury the Ami couldn't afford.

I kept an HMG/HS/Ldr in the level 2 bell-tower the whole time. Sure the Ami would bring OBA in on it, but so what, that is 1 leader and 1 HS tying down a whole OBA module. If he didn't keep an OBA or a couple of Guns/Tanks hammering the bell tower I was eating up his squads with multiple CR's over and over.

After the second date the Ami simply couldn't keep up with Infantry which allowed the German to sort of maraud around with Psk armed HS so that the Ami armor had to stay constantly on the move. About half way through date 4 the Ami threw in the towel.
How are Panthers and JgdPzIV's invulnerable to the 76L ordnance? If they use APCR then their TK is 22, which gives them a TK of 4 or a 8 respectively. Ok, 4 isn't good odds but 8 is. And they have limited ammo, but that's still a concern for the Germans. Did I miss something?

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How are Panthers and JgdPzIV's invulnerable to the 76L ordnance? If they use APCR then their TK is 22, which gives them a TK of 4 or a 8 respectively. Ok, 4 isn't good odds but 8 is. And they have limited ammo, but that's still a concern for the Germans. Did I miss something?
Yeah...”practically“...for the Ami to get that shot with the 76L’s he’s gonna have to put himself into LOS of German Guns...and German infantry with fausts and shrecks.

I could go on but the point is that the Ami armor has to maintain a goodly distance combined with having to drive on board every CG puts them at a distinct disadvantage.

Erik Red

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Yeah...”practically“...for the Ami to get that shot with the 76L’s he’s gonna have to put himself into LOS of German Guns...and German infantry with fausts and shrecks.

I could go on but the point is that the Ami armor has to maintain a goodly distance combined with having to drive on board every CG puts them at a distinct disadvantage.
Yep cool. As I thought. cheers.

carlsson

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
…Also, you start the HS out HIP in the tower.…
You mean you pay FPP for it, or have I missed something?
That would be 3 FPP if together with a Leader. I don't say you shouldnt do that, but it will still cost you.
:)

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
For me, Hatten, RB and our own Rees are the HASLs I have had the most fun with, Hatten is a great, manageable campaign that gives both sides the ability to attack and defend and nowhere near the extra rules and chrome with some other HASLs, you can get this going pretty quickly and it won't eat up a years worth of playing time. That damn scenario in Hatten with the German flame panzer still haunts me...