HASL and TPP Counter Storage

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Yes, different envelope for each vehicle/gun. There is a very nice coin system located on Texas ASL site.

I am migrating all of my vehicles/ guns to a coin system and then i will have all of my Infantry in 1 Raaco stack & then 1 other Raaco container for informational counters. This is my last system that i am going to do.

I'm calling BS on that right now!! :p :p

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
The danger of mini-zip bags is that if you are ever arrested, they may be considered as drug paraphernalia/selling supplies (at least they make the news when there's a drug bust here in Florida). I have a box of 1,000 each of two sized mini-baggies, and I am sure I am on some list for buying them through amazon.
For over two years I was commuting between Amsterdam and Edinburgh with at least a couple of Kilos of counters in Ziploc bags , 1 bag per counter type and had no problems either way

Last edited:

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
For over two years I wax conjuring between Amsterdam and Edinburgh with at least a couple of Kilos of counters in Ziploc bags , 1 bag per counter type and had no problems either way
You went to Amsterdam and only came back with baggies of COUNTERS!!!:confused:

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You went to Amsterdam and only came back with baggies of COUNTERS!!!:confused:
But he made quite the profit from selling baggies full of clippings to zoned-out hippies, with the promise that "this stuff really cuts corners to Nirvana!"

How do you think he can afford all those duplicates/triplicates/quadruplicates/etc of ASL goodness?

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I should qualify my earlier post about official-TPP mixing.

First: I mix official, whether from core or HASL/HS together with the exception of "unit" marked units like from OVHS or FB as the later don't get used as much.
Second: TPP system markers, like the various "fired" counters from BFP, do get mixed in with official counters.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm calling BS on that right now!! :p :p
Oh, No. This is definitely my last storage system!

I am taking my time. I have until MMP releases the last of the re-makes.

HansK

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
For over two years I was commuting between Amsterdam and Edinburgh with at least a couple of Kilos of counters in Ziploc bags , 1 bag per counter type and had no problems either way
Cutting corners, weren't you... ;)

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I store mine alphabetically by counter ID, so all the "A" squads, halfsquads, crews, vehicles, guns, and SW are together, followed by "B", etc.
While this is just a little bit extreme, I met a guy who mixed at least the infantry counters of all nationalities, storing them by type (C/G HS, C/G Squads, 2nd line HS, 2nd line Squads, etc), with the rationale that picking the right type of counter from the appropriate box then only required picking the right color (not to be attempted if you're even remotely color blind, of course). I think he had all Infantry, and maybe all SW as well, in a single one of the larger Raaco boxes, so it certainly saves space - I'm still separating the nationalities myself.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
While this is just a little bit extreme, I met a guy who mixed at least the infantry counters of all nationalities, storing them by type (C/G HS, C/G Squads, 2nd line HS, 2nd line Squads, etc), with the rationale that picking the right type of counter from the appropriate box then only required picking the right color (not to be attempted if you're even remotely color blind, of course). I think he had all Infantry, and maybe all SW as well, in a single one of the larger Raaco boxes, so it certainly saves space - I'm still separating the nationalities myself.
I wouldn’t do that for MMCs but I do it for SMCs and SWs. Works great.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
AggghhhhH!
I not only have each distinct type, be it MMC, Gun or Vehicle, with it's own compartment or portion of a compartment, when I return them I stack them neatly in alphabetic (or numeric for crews) order. That not only satisfies my OCD but it means I can immediately be aware of a missing counter.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I did mix the SMC of different nationalities in the old times.
But it actually added a box to my set.
So now I have each nationality's units in one (or two, if there are a lot of vehicles) Raaco 18 boxes.
I also would not like to face the destruction of all nationalities' SMC if some hazard struck their common box - but that is rather a sign of OCD behaviour...