Hasbro, Multi-Man Publishing Ink Licensing Extension

Harold

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SGT HOLST said:
Will it still retain the same box cover?

Scott

Let's hope not. IMO if UF had one failing it was the box art. An SS in portrait does (did) nothing to dispel the wargamer stereotype.

Johnny Canuck

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
sgtono said:
With this latest announcement, the MMP line has certainly grown this year.

Currently:

ASL
ASLSK
Gamers (OCS, SCS, TCS, NBS, CBWS, RSS)
Area Movement Series
Card Driven (Shifting Sands)
Operations
Skirmisher
ASL Journal

Announced this year:

Battlefield Series (Paul Rohrbaugh)
CWTS (Civil War Tactical Series-- Richard Berg)
PB2
UpFront

Looks like a lot of work,

Keith
Is it me, or does that seem like a lot of overcommitment considering that MMP staff members appear to be are part timers.

I guess MMP is also an umbrella organization of a number of independent game developers. Hopefully, most of these series do not steal resources from each other. Especially from ASL.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nope. As I stated, we're adding playtesters and proofers to the ASL side of things, and we're going to contract out ASl layout.

paulkenny

Reaction score
Hey you train me on Quark supply me with the program and I will do all your layout gratis and free

AND FAST!!!! :D

Bryan Holtby

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
kdalton said:
VOTG: this will not go to preorder before AOO goes out the door. Sorry, we've got enough games past their preorder point to get into the mail as it is, including AOO, and the rulebook and BV, which of course have no preorder number but still need to be printed.
A very loud BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! for this. Everyone knows that AOO will never be done :cheeky: so why make other modules wait? :devil:

Apparently Christmas '05 will be too soon for VoTG :mad: Which also means that Ortona will be another year or two after that.....christ, I'm gonna #@$K&*! die of old age before that comes out.....:( :( :( :( and I'm only 40.

rant mode off.....

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Bryan Holtby said:
A very loud BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! for this. Everyone knows that AOO will never be done :cheeky: so why make other modules wait? :devil:

Apparently Christmas '05 will be too soon for VoTG :mad: Which also means that Ortona will be another year or two after that.....christ, I'm gonna #@$K&*! die of old age before that comes out.....:( :( :( :( and I'm only 40.

rant mode off.....
I think my pulse ran out on me last year ;)

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With the average age of ASL players and the length of time to get some products out, MMP might want to hire the Grim Reaper to deliver copies of AoO :D :p

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Loquitor said:
With the average age of ASL players and the length of time to get some products out, MMP might want to hire the Grim Reaper to deliver copies of AoO :D :p
Will the Grim Reaper at least let us open the box and look at the scenarios & Chapter H before he takes us to that never-never land?? :p

dudalb

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any idea when cards will be charging for AOO? I would just like to know for cash flow purposes since I use a debit card in online purchases and don't want my order rejected because of inadequate funds in checking...
BTW, what are the big changes in UP FRONT 2? I think that getting rid of the distance chits is a good ideas but less sure about elimniating PI in the rules.
UP FRONT is unusual in that it's a easy game to play but a little hard to grasp at first.
I get annoyned at MMP at times too but I don't know if any of the smaller companies are up to taking on the whole ASL franchise. I really think that HOB is too small and Critical Hit
seems to have enough on it hands already.
MMP is expanding from a ASL Only company to a full scale game company, probably only GMT is bigger in the Board WarGame community.
And you can't blame MMP for giving the Card Driven Board Game system a try with "Shifting Sands" since GMT has done well with that system.
Berg's Civil War Tactical Civil War system looks intersting, since several others have tried "Civil War Squad Leader" and failed.

paulkenny

Reaction score
dudalb said:
Any idea when cards will be charging for AOO? I would just like to know for cash flow purposes since I use a debit card in online purchases and don't want my order rejected because of inadequate funds in checking...
BTW, what are the big changes in UP FRONT 2? I think that getting rid of the distance chits is a good ideas but less sure about elimniating PI in the rules.
UP FRONT is unusual in that it's a easy game to play but a little hard to grasp at first.
I get annoyned at MMP at times too but I don't know if any of the smaller companies are up to taking on the whole ASL franchise. I really think that HOB is too small and Critical Hit
seems to have enough on it hands already.
MMP is expanding from a ASL Only company to a full scale game company, probably only GMT is bigger in the Board WarGame community.
And you can't blame MMP for giving the Card Driven Board Game system a try with "Shifting Sands" since GMT has done well with that system.
Berg's Civil War Tactical Civil War system looks intersting, since several others have tried "Civil War Squad Leader" and failed.
All indications are that it won't be all that soon.

P

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We typically post a day or two before it happens, just so people get the heads up.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We also usually post the tentative return time the printer gives us once we sign off on the proof. That's usuually 2 weeks - 1 month.

Better? :whist:

paulkenny

Reaction score
kdalton said:
We also usually post the tentative return time the printer gives us once we sign off on the proof. That's usuually 2 weeks - 1 month.

Better? :whist:

I cant imagine anyone who follows ASL with even a casual interest wouldnt be aware of MMP going to publication with AoO>

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this would mean AoO wont see the light of day for at least another month...like sand in the hour glass so are the days of 2004

George N. Lytle

da priest

Reaction score
Loquitor said:
Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this would mean AoO wont see the light of day for at least another month...like sand in the hour glass so are the days of 2004

George N. Lytle
Yes and the January poll approaches.:nervous:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
This is a marvelous training for us!
Waiting for the Rumanians to lend a hand and for heavy equipment places us in the psychological situation of German 6th Army, encircled in Stalingrad - and the weather is growing colder...
The fact that we have been waiting longer than the historical Landsers compensates a little the fact that they were fired upon most of the time... :laugh:

da priest

Reaction score
Robin said:
...The fact that we have been waiting longer than the historical Landsers compensates a little the fact that they were fired upon most of the time... :laugh:
Bet the MMP dudes think they are being fired on most of the time...:devil: