Hasbro, Multi-Man Publishing Ink Licensing Extension

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Multi-Man Publishing is pleased to announce it and game industry leader Hasbro, Inc., have completed the process of extending its exclusive licensing agreement for former Avalon Hill wargame titles in a multi-year deal.

The agreement, which will keep Multi-Man Publishing (MMP) producing the signature board games Advanced Squad Leader and the Area Movement Series late into the decade, furthers a relationship between the two companies that began in 1998.

“We’re very pleased that Hasbro has shown and continues to show faith in us as producers of quality game products,” MMP President Curt Schilling said. “We are grateful for their continued support.”

Hasbro purchased the Avalon Hill wargame line in 1998 from Baltimore-based Monarch Avalon. MMP has produced titles of the line since that time under license.

Advanced Squad Leader is widely regarded as the greatest World War II tactical board game ever created.

MMP plans to revive two more currently dormant Avalon Hill titles - Panzerblitz and the card-based game Up Front.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Ew, ew, ew! Mr Dalton, Mr Dalton?!?! :bounce:

Will Panzerblitz include the Panzer Leader game as well as the early and mid-war expansions? Will the game be modular?

OOPs,...sorry. This is the ASL Forum. :OHNO:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is this a good thing? :nervous:

Scott

Minister of Propaganda said:
Multi-Man Publishing is pleased to announce it and game industry leader Hasbro, Inc., have completed the process of extending its exclusive licensing agreement for former Avalon Hill wargame titles in a multi-year deal.

The agreement, which will keep Multi-Man Publishing (MMP) producing the signature board games Advanced Squad Leader and the Area Movement Series late into the decade, furthers a relationship between the two companies that began in 1998.

“We’re very pleased that Hasbro has shown and continues to show faith in us as producers of quality game products,” MMP President Curt Schilling said. “We are grateful for their continued support.”

Hasbro purchased the Avalon Hill wargame line in 1998 from Baltimore-based Monarch Avalon. MMP has produced titles of the line since that time under license.

Advanced Squad Leader is widely regarded as the greatest World War II tactical board game ever created.

MMP plans to revive two more currently dormant Avalon Hill titles - Panzerblitz and the card-based game Up Front.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Our current vision is to start with Western Front and expand it in a module type format.

Mark Warren

Reaction score
Country
ll
Eggcellent....looking forward to both Panzerblitz and Up Front releases when they surface :). My old copy of Up Front looks like it passed through the hands of a couple of grotty teenagers.....oh yeah, it did, me and my brother many moons ago :D

paulkenny

Reaction score
Scott your slowing down, took 8 minutes for you to reply!

Pfc TAZ

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Country
llUnited States
This is a great development. A multi-year deal shows that MMP is still dedicated to ASL. I'm very happy.

I missed Up Front when it first came out...I'll admit I looked down on it as Squad Leader for dummies:eek: ...But, now I can't wait for its new release.

I think I'll wear my Schilling jersey to celebrate! He'll always be a D-Back to me:toast:

AdrianE

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Keith

That is good news *IF AND ONLY IF* you are adding capacity to deal with the new entries to your product line. If you are not adding capacity then it is very, very bad news. You guys are already stretched thin.

So are you adding capacity?

Adrian

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We are adding capacity; in particular, we have added several playtesters/proofers for ASL. Ken Dunn of Operation Veritable and ASL Starter Kit fame is working on PB now that he's done with development on Starter Kit #2. Up Front will come after PB as we can get to it.

Our current ASL capacity is focused on (Brian, Perry, and the proofers/playtesters): a) finishing Journal 6 playtesting; b) Getting AOO out the door; and c) printing the rulebook and Beyond Valor.

As stated before, we are in negotiations to sub-contract out all our ASL layout to remove that bottleneck in the process.

As always, Dean is focused 100% on Gamers development and layout; Bruce Monnin has assumed all duties for Operations Magazine.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CORRECTION:

Darren Emge is now the point man for Panzer Blitz 2. His email is emge@ieee.org

There is a Panzer Blitz 2 folder on Consimworld under the Game Series Discussion folder if anyone is interested.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ron, you beat me to it.

Two new boards, several new scenarios, a slightly expanded rulebook to cover ordnance, and the counters needed to play the scenarios included.

Exact countermix has not been determined. It will depend on what scenarios we include.

Starter Kit #3 will include vehicles.

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Be advised, I number myself among those that think deleting the Programmed Instruction Method from the Up Front manual is grounds for a severe beating.

Eratta yes, buggering the game no.

Converting to all cards and ditching the counters, no biggie.

Trying to re invent a wheel that was already great, uninspired insanity.

A streamlined unified PB and PL merge not a bad idea, as PL had all the great stuff that PB missed by being first.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm happy MMP gobbled up more game licenses but it might be a few years before any of those products become reality, worse, I think this will put a serious crimp on any forth coming ASL products for quite some time. I could be wrong.............

Scott

PVT Priest said:
Well Holst look at it this way, it gives you many more years to complain about MMP.

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
But Scott, you have already expressed over and over that MMP is not going to publish any new material. How can you then expect them to publish even less after this deal? :nuts:

paulkenny

Reaction score
They will be rescinding the pubication of some of their recent sales. THey will be entering customers homes and reaquiring their copies of ASLSK :nuts: