Has there even been a scenario...

Cruddy

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
... of the 1982 Israeli invasion of Lebanon?

Wasn't any real AA action until day 4, but it was certainly an airbattle.

The reason I ask - I recently came across a little diagram showing reletive position of Syrian SAM sites through the Bekaa at the time.

Has it been done?

Herman Hum

Composite Warfare Command
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I don't think that the situation has been made into a scenario,.... yet. :D

Why don't you go ahead and do it? I'd love to give it a try.

How about putting up those maps for others to see, too? Freek Schepers made a set of scenarios centred on the 2nd Lebanese War in 2006. See:

http://forums.gamesquad.com/showpost.php?p=873400&postcount=41

He might take up the challenge if you want some help. That's how the other battleset got written; someone passed him a new idea...

Cruddy

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Can't go posting maps. Sorry, they've got copyright symbols on. And I'm not messing with Mossad. ;)

It's very long term project so don't go expecting it before 2008 at the earliest - although I might do MP version first (no AI logic) and then tweak it for solitaire use.

Expect liberal use of "non-Israeli" weapons. As far as I know, Purple Fist, the F4-P, Elta 8300 have never made it into databases. So I'll have to use US equivalents for the solitaire.

I might just do custom DB for the MP.

Thanks for the reply.

Herman Hum

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Can't go posting maps. Sorry, they've got copyright symbols on. And I'm not messing with Mossad. ;)

It's very long term project so don't go expecting it before 2008 at the earliest - although I might do MP version first (no AI logic) and then tweak it for solitaire use.

Expect liberal use of "non-Israeli" weapons. As far as I know, Purple Fist, the F4-P, Elta 8300 have never made it into databases. So I'll have to use US equivalents for the solitaire.

I might just do custom DB for the MP.

Thanks for the reply.
There's no need for images if you have the links (provided, of course, that they aren't Classified ;)).

Glad to hear that you are going to make it into a scenario. Just let us know if you want any of those units added to the PlayersDB.

Looking forward to trying out your scenario/custom DB.

eds

Reaction score
Country
ll
There's no need for images if you have the links (provided, of course, that they aren't Classified ;)).
Getting to see that info would be great, if you could post the links HH suggested, i wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of MOSSAD either tho'.

Cruddy

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
I didn't find the map on the net - found it in a publication from the period. Can't remember the exact name but "ECM Warfare: Theory, Design and Practice" by Martin Streetfly seems to cover it.

Unfortunately the author doesn't appear to have published anything for the last 10 years, the publisher is long bankrupt - so I can't even get permission to copy it and post it.

I was joking about the Mossad. Hence the use of the Smiley. ;)

It's not the only source I'm using... but it does state (and gives a reference to) Israel being supplied with Walleye II kits, even though no Israeli planes are listed in PDB as carrying Walleye II.

Rather than get people all excited I'll just do it and post it. So you can laugh at it later. :)

Relax.

Herman Hum

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
That's a shame about the original source.

You are right that none of the Israeli aircraft are currently configured to deliver the Walleye AGM. If you would like to request an additional unit or modification, you can do as Jan Masterson has done and we'll get it added for you.

PDB - new unit request - F-16AM Falcon MLU BE 06

Cruddy

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Not really necessary. How about I make sure that Walleyes are necessary for the Israelis to have a chance before I go down that route?

I'd rather do it wholesale the piece by peice.

Oh, PM for you about PDB - I might have found a glitch.

I'll post back when I've got something concrete to play with and not just ideas.

Herman Hum

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Whichever way you choose is fine. The PlayersDB is also capable of supporting hypothetical units or personalized units like the CVN Ulyanovsk and BB variants.

http://forums.gamesquad.com/showpost.php?p=594227&postcount=22

In general, we only ask that players requesting new units/variants actually use them in scenarios so that we don't add hundreds/thousands of entries that are never used.