Has anyone played Critical Hit's Tarawa?

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are several other approaches to perimeter determination such as those from KGP or the DaE ASLSK HASL. Of course one factor that should be taken into account is the time period taken into account between engagements (CG scenario periods) and the force representation. In RB & probably VotG the forces given are actually about a third of what was employed. That is to say a company probably represents a battalion, and the time period (5-8 turns) represents an entire day's activities rather than about 20 minutes of action. In other CGs the scenario time periods may represent an AM-PM-etc. flex of time that would allow less redeployment of forces an/or effort by the forces involved.
umm hmm. Another factor that can come into play, in fact I'd say it is most important, is the type of CG one is playing. High intensity urban fighting IMO should be highly restricted in the ability to redeploy, much less sweep and clear. While rural, more established and linear lines of defense could be more relaxed in terms of redeployment.

Then there is the matter of what some, my father especially, were highly interested in and thought was a big omission in ASL CG play.

Unit integrity in terms of Command and Control. Which would put a real crimp in whole sale mass teleportations between CG dates. He was highly interested in that and working on a system for C&C when he passed away, unfortunately I don't have any copies of what he had done. He was a theory/ideas guy, I was more into the ASLRB side of things. Was all on his computer and for some reason he password protected it. I have no idea if that work is still being worked on, or anyone else is. However I agree, it is a real omission in CG play.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just one (potential) drawback I forgot to mention - no night.
I like the way you think. I love the Night and its rules. However the lack of it isn't really a drawback, so no problems there, it is just really neat when it is used.