Has anyone ever met...

Storm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
...President G. W. Bush?

I met him at our school when he was there talking.

I don't want this to turn into a debte or anything, I was just curious. Even though I don't agree with most things he or the government ing eneral does (but who really does?) I felt very honored to meet him.

Not only does he have a resounding presence in person, he seems very personable in speech, attitude and demeanor.

I was invited not once, but TWICE to see him speak. I declined my first ticket (Why? I dont know) and then was invited again by an aide. So I went to sit front row, center with my Newspaper photographers (I was the EiC) and got to meet him.

He called me 'Big Guy.' :D

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I met him back in 2002 when he came here campaigning for the Republicans. There was about 5,000 folks in that hangar (it was an ANG hangar at the airport), but I had a good clear view of him during the speech. I also got to shake his hand after it. Seemed like a very nice guy.

Storm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes he does.

But the positions he's put in on a daily basis can cause some people to think otherwise.

But it's like my teacher, Davis, says: 'We elect someone to blame.'

I concur.

nreese21

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Originally posted by Storm
But it's like my teacher, Davis, says: 'We elect someone to blame.'

I concur.
That is very true. We seem to get a president to blame certain troubles on.

Skoal!
:toast:

Jason C.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My understanding is that one on one he seems very smart, does anyone know weather thats true. It be interesting to know b/c of how he is percieved.

GhostSoldier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jackass sez what

George W. perceived as not smart?!? He goes..."...Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice....badeep, badeep,...... Can't get fooled again." Alriiiight. The President is a Who fan!

Brad Ritter

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
He only lives a few miles down the road from me but we don't travel in the same circles.:laugh:

Larkin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, but I've seen Kerry. The SOB didn't even get the name of our school right.

sickpup

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Storm, what part of WV are you in? I saw he was in Charleston for the 4th, and he's apparently going to Beckley soon... Beckley! That shows how important each and every battleground state is during this election - if a Republican President is going to Beckley WV... sheesh.

Well, hopefully his visits will get some of the residents there to vote for reasons other than 'well, my daddy voted Democrat, so I'm gonna do it, too.' Who knows, with any luck, they'll break the spell and eventually get rid of Byrd and Rockefeller, too.

Anyhow, as for meeting W... I never have. Hopefully that'll change in a few weeks.

tadcar

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Storm
...President G. W. Bush?

I met him at our school when he was there talking.

I don't want this to turn into a debte or anything, I was just curious. Even though I don't agree with most things he or the government ing eneral does (but who really does?) I felt very honored to meet him.

Not only does he have a resounding presence in person, he seems very personable in speech, attitude and demeanor.

I was invited not once, but TWICE to see him speak. I declined my first ticket (Why? I dont know) and then was invited again by an aide. So I went to sit front row, center with my Newspaper photographers (I was the EiC) and got to meet him.

He called me 'Big Guy.' :D
That's really cool! Closest I got to a U.S. Pres. was Jimmy Carter (5ft.) when he stopped off on the way to Asia while I was TDY at Elmendorf AFB in Alaska. He kissed a baby! I put my camera up over the crowd and got a lucky picture!
:D

Storm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm from Parkersburg.

Graduate of Parkersburg South High School.

Jim H. Moreno

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not to highjack the thread...

EiC of which paper? I used to work with the News & Observer (Raleigh. NC).