Has anyone been to Monte Cassino?

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have been there. The Polish cemetary atop the hill is quite impressive. Well maintained Commonwealth cemetery in the town of Cassino at the foot of the Abbey. I did not however tour the inside of the Abbey, the are not open all the time to tourists.

SgtStahler

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We went to Italy last summer and drove through there! We didn't go up to the top of the hill, but spent some time at the Commonwealth cemetery at the base. Was amazing. Would have loved to have had time to go up the hill, but we were on a tight schedule. Got a ton of pics though.

Jeffrey D Myers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Critical Hit has a pretty good older scenario pack (Carnage at Cassino) that has some good scenarios on the fighting in the rugged terrain northwest of the abbey. It was fun to use Google Maps to see that area (as well as the abbey and the road leading up to it).

Last edited:

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Critical Hit has a pretty good older scenario pack (Carnage at Cassino) that has some good scenarios on the fighting in the rugged terrain northwest of the abbey. It was fund to use Google Maps to see that area (as well as the abbey and the road leading up to it).
I used to own Carnage at Cassino several years ago. As I recall, I stopped playing after only about 2 scenarios as I basically couldn't stand the sight of what was in my opinion the ugliest map I've ever seen in any module.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That honor would have to go to the original Ruwiesat Ridge!
Got to go with Yuri on this one! At least you can stand to play on Ruwiesat Ridge Map for an extended period of time without total eye strain (at least if memory serves me well, but then I was young once and foolhardy).