Harpoon Classic 2002 Gold Database

CV32

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A new version of the Harpoon Classic 2002 Gold Database (HCDB) is available.

HCDB-050121 is compatible with the 16b4 version, and will be the last produced for that earlier beta.

HCDB-050123 is compatible with the 16b8 version, and includes the new sonar signature values. This one will continue to be updated.

Get either here:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/FilesOfScenShare/

Enjoy. :cool:

Herman Hum

Composite Warfare Command
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The size limitation has been rearing its head quite a number of times as of late. Let's talk about this.

With the coming release of HC2005, I think that many feel that this will be the final release version of Harpoon Classic. Is this a good time to think about totally re-vamping the Database system? I will tell you right off that I know very little about the HC DB layout but from what I hear you guys talking about, there appears to be lots and lots of memory dedicated to the older battlesets like the original GIUK. Would the community be well served if there were a battleset dedicated to each of the geographic areas like WestPac, GIUK,..? Or, would it be better to be start a totally new DB (i.e. EC 2005).

I know of Brad's reluctance to ever remove or change the old battlesets for fear of crashing the older scenarios. However, there appears to much more upside to freeing up all those platforms which are tied to the older battlesets. Many hypothetical platforms, weapons, bases and various versions might now be more easily accommodated. There appears to be many guys who like to work on DBs so, just as the HCDB has been separated between pre-HC2005 (HCDB_050121) and HC2005 (HCDB_050123) versions, would anyone considering making a DB that caters to only EC2003 or EC2005+? Now might be the ideal moment for it.

Cheers,
Herman

Divefreak

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Herman Hum said:
The size limitation has been rearing its head >quite a number of times as of late. Let's talk about this.

right!

> Is this a good time to think about totally re-vamping the >Database system?

I think it is.

> Would the community be well served if there were a battleset >dedicated to each of the geographic areas like WestPac, GIUK,..? >Or, would it be better to be start a totally new DB (i.e. EC >2005).

I think a db for 1/2/3 areas would fit best.

>who like to work on DBs so, just as the HCDB has been separated >between pre-HC2005 (HCDB_050121) and HC2005 (HCDB_050123) >versions, would anyone considering making a DB that caters to >only EC2003 or EC2005+?

The Problem from my point of view is the hard coded ceiling for
each sort of entry. For the bases it is reached. For loadouts Brad is close to it. So their are two way to solve this Problem
1. Split the DB into Regional DBs or 2. raise the ceiling.

> Now might be the ideal moment for it.

Right.

As You know I´m working on a db for "non westpac".

regards René

JClark_1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Given that Harpoon Classic was never meant to have an editable database, the simple fact that one exists is more than remarkable. Hats off to Bret McKee and Tony Eischens for making this happen. I think, repeat, think, that there is still room for improvement in the database coding, but Tony would have to answer that one.

Now, when "The Next Harpoon" (which is a public name for a yet to be named new version, incorporating/replacing H3 and HC)comes out, it will be built from the bottom up, by people who play AND love the game. Now, how cool is that? When H4 was being worked on, the sign was out: "players and dogs keep off the grass". And it failed. Now we get to see what happens, when the players are calling the shots :p :laugh:

CV32

Reaction score
Country
llCanada

CV32

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A new version of the Harpoon Classic Gold Database (HCDB-050327) is now available.

Get it at HarpGamer via the DB Share button.

The HC_EURODB and H3DB are also available there. Enjoy. :D

CV32

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A new version of the Harpoon Classic Gold Database (HCDB-050507) is available.

Enjoy. :D

Herman Hum

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Brad Leyte has just posted an update to HCDB at the DBShare Section of Harpgamer.com. From Brad's change log:

HarpGamer DB Page

HCDB-050510.zip new additions include:

Lynx Mk 80 - Denmark
Lynx SH-14D - Netherlands

FF Descubierta (Morocco) - Morocco
LCU Lt Malghagh (EDIC) - Morocco
LSM Daoud Ben Aicha - Morocco
LST S.M. Ben Abdallah - Morocco
PG El Lahiq (Osprey 55) - Morocco
PG El Yadekh (Kebir) I - Algeria
PG El Yadekh (Kebir) II - Algeria
PG Okba (PR-72) - Morocco

SAM SL-AMRAAM Bty - INTL

The HCDB and other great scenarios can be found at:

HarpGamer.com

Scenarios can also be found at

Files Of ScenShare.

Last edited:

CV32

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A new version of the Harpoon Classic Gold Database (HCDB-050810) is available.

Enjoy. :cool:

Herman Hum

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
So, you think that the new CVF class will be named Queen Elizabeth?

I would have thought that it might be named Ark Royal or Invincible. Did you just make up the name or did you find something to lead you to believe that the new class name would be QE?

CV32

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Herman Hum said:
So, you think that the new CVF class will be named Queen Elizabeth? I would have thought that it might be named Ark Royal or Invincible. Did you just make up the name or did you find something to lead you to believe that the new class name would be QE?
See the Naval Technology website. This is consistent with other news reports I have seen.

CV32

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A new version of the Harpoon Classic Gold (now called Harpoon Commander's Edition) Database (HCDB-050812) is available.

Get it at HarpGamer via the DB share button.

Have fun. :D

Herman Hum

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A new version of the Harpoon Commander's Edition Database (HCDB-050902) is available.

HCDB-050902

New additions include:

TBM Site (Iran) - Iran (a generic missile site)
TBM Site (PRC) - China (a generic missile site)

F-18C/D Hornet - Finland
F/A-18C/D Hornet - Switzerland
JAS.39 (CZ) Gripen - Czech Republic
JAS.39 EBS-HU Gripen - Hungary
MiG-29N Fulcrum - Malaysia
MiG-29S Fulcrum C - Russia
Su-27SK (J-11) - INTL

SSBN Type 094 - China

AOR Dayun - China
AOR Nanchang - China
AOR Shichang - China
MCM Fushun - China
PG Haijui - China
PG Hainan (Type 037) - China
PG Haiqing (TYpe 037-I) - China
MCM T-43 (Type 010) - China
MCM Wolei - China
MCM Wosao - China
TRAN Qiongsha - China
LST Yudeng - China
LCU Yuhai (Wuhu A) - China

Enjoy.

The HCDB and great scenarios can be found at:

HarpGamer.com

Scenarios can also be found at

SZO File Archives

Files Of ScenShare.

CV32

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A new version of the Harpoon Commander's Edition Database (HCDB-051011) is available.

Get it at HarpGamer via the DB share button.

Have fun. :D

CV32

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A new version of the Harpoon Commander's Edition Database (HCDB-051213) is available.

Enjoy. :D

CV32

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A new version of the Harpoon Commander's Edition Database (HCDB-051219) is available. Get it at HarpGamer via the DB Share button. Merry Christmas ! :D

CV32

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
OK, here's a "stocking stuffer" for ya. A new version of the Harpoon Classic Commander's Edition (HCCE) Database (HCDB-051221) is available. Get it at HarpGamer via the DB Share button.

Now, if you happen to find some spare time between enjoying the holidays with your family and friends, write some scenarios. Merry Christmas ! :D

Herman Hum

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A new version of the Harpoon Classic Commander's Edition (HCCE) Database (HCDB-060103) is available. Get it at HarpGamer.com via the DB Share button.

New additions (or overhauls of existing entries) include many variants of the Mirage [Mirage 2000B/C - France, Mirage 2000EG-S3 - Greece] and the submarine, Dreadnought SSN.

Enjoy. Happy New Year !

SZO file archives - Home of the Harpoon3 PlayersDB

FilesOfScenShare

HarpGamer.com
- Home of the HCDB.

Last edited: