Hans Mielants SASL site.

Jeffhew

"Aut Vincere Aut Mori"
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Brian, can't thank you enough!! Glad at least one person out there had the foresight to realize that nothing last's forever.

Jeff

Last edited:

asevenson

Greenhorn
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Incidentally, Mark, I haven't played BoB yet and I was a bit perplexed by this line in the mission 1 synopsis:

"Mission End : To determine Mission length divide by four (FRU)."
Exactly what is one to divide by four? Did I miss something (wouldn't be a shock :) )?

Jeff
I just started thus great SASL CG and I took this to mean that instead of dividing the road network length by 5 to determine start of mission end dr (as specified in mission 5 "Take the HIGHWAY" text) you divide by 4 instead.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
I had Hans' email address so I just sent him a quick note. I'll let everyone know if I get a response.

Cheers,

Mark

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Sorry gentlemen, it was sent back twice as "failure to deliver".

Jim Bennett

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Curious if anyone knows what might have happened with Hans' site,..
http://www.mielants.com/Simulation/ASL.html

...or if any of the content was archived somewhere? There was a lot of good stuff on his site and it's been around pretty much forever so I never worried too much about not archiving the Missions and CG's. I do have three of the historical CG's, but I'm missing Band of Brothers if anyone happens to have that, or any of the missions archived in their collection of SASL stuff.

Thanks,
Jeff

EDIT: I just found Band of Brothers in another folder so I'm good to go there, but if anyone has any of the Missions, that'd be great.
This horse is long out of the barn....etc etc... but for over a year a group of us are embarked upon a fictional attack on ISLAND OF MALTA circa 1942 in a campaign known as OPERATION HERCULES designed by Kevin Conley of North Carolina, USA... We have completed Mission 4 and will embark upon Mission 5 in early new year 2017.........Is now December 15, 2016...but interested parties in some fun... NEW.... GSASL can check us out at http://gsasl2015recruits.wordpress.com

and if you want to play an Italian COY in our final push against the solitaire British opponent email direct to jim.bennett@shaw.ca ... we can also entertain some preliminary updating on SKYPE and VASL sessions. We have conducted 3 such 'boot camps' already.

Last edited:

daniel zucker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jim

When I clicked on the gsasl2015recruits link I got the following message:

www.gsasl2015recruits.wordpress.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for the following names: *.wordpress.com, wordpress.com

I don't know much about the interwebs but I do know that this don't look good

daniel

Jim Bennett

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Jim

gsasl2015recruits.wordpress.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for the following names: *.wordpress.com, wordpress.com

daniel
Attn: General (ret.) Zucker:
I was a participant under your guidance many campaigns ago and now have honor of serving as Quartermeister extradonaire of OPERATION HERCULES and the GSASL campaign against Island of Malta circa 1942 under design of Kevin Conley of North Carolina, USA. I believe if you try http://gsasl2015recruits.wordpress.com it should work. PLEASE ADVISE DIRECT to jim.bennett@shaw.ca if you continue to have difficulties.

Last edited:

daniel zucker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Capt. Bennett
The posted like is now working as it should, I still have the occasional issue with these new fangled things, thank you and your staff.

Daniel Zucker
PS Its good to see you are still active.

Jim Bennett

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Jim

www.gsasl2015recruits.wordpress.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for the following names: *.wordpress.com, wordpress.com

daniel
Dear General Zucker (ret.) SIR! Just drop the www and it works fine.....btw...MISSION 5 is most unique in OPERATION HERCULES....We have invited five individual COY commanders to participate via VASL in a common attack on the SASL ENEMY British and Maltese forces on Island of Malta. Send me an email and we'll let you have a look at it.... jim.bennett@shaw.ca