Handy Excel-based Scenario analyzer (using data from ROAR)

KenH

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello all,

Just wanted to share a spreadsheet that I created for myself and have been using for a while. It displays scenarios by publication and, using data from ROAR, shows both rating and balance along with basic info such as which nationalities are involved and how long the scenario will take in hours to play (estimated). Also included are tabs that can track your played games as well as a list that one can create easily that shows your "want to play" list. See screen shot below.

Let me know if you like it and if you have any ideas to improve. Enjoy.

Ken

1528064976794.png

KenH

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Last edited:

Michael R

Elder Member
Staff member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Need to join something to retrieve the file?

KenH

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Need to join something to retrieve the file?
Michael,

No, just go to the Resource area (link provided just now above) and download from there. Once at the File Dropper site, find the "Download this File" and click. See my blue arrow below:

1528067025056.png

Eagle4ty

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oops-- the file was too large for GameSquad upload. Also, I noticed that there is a specific folder for all downloads.

So, I have added a link to the zipped Spreadsheet, which I uploaded to a file sharing site, in the ASL Resources area here:
http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?resources/handy-excel-based-scenario-analyzer-using-data-from-roar.39/

Ken
Did the same thing. Too bad so many people enter the results for newer (e.g. updated) scenarios using the older Scenario entries, it really makes many of the scenarios reprinted in Yanks-2 or DB-3 or AoO almost meaningless. I noticed this when I saw an awful lot of the older iterations of these scenarios having been played recently, but very few of the updated ones. I can't really believe such a large number of people would be only playing the older ones and foregoing the newer updated titles.

Nice & somewhat helpful idea BTW.:thumbsup:

lionelc62

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Great file thanks !
Two questions :
- The ROAR balance has 5000 + lines but I can see only 1500 scenarios in the 'summary' tab ?
- How is it possible to expand the 'creating your own custom scnario list table ?

Regards
Lionel

KenH

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great file thanks !
Two questions :
- The ROAR balance has 5000 + lines but I can see only 1500 scenarios in the 'summary' tab ?
- How is it possible to expand the 'creating your own custom scnario list table ?

Regards
Lionel
Lionel,

Yeah, the spreadsheet only has the scenarios that I selected-- they are both the scenarios that I have in my possession as well as mostly the "most played" out there. The reason it is not all 5000+ scenarios is that I manually added information for each scenario (PTO, Night, Air, Bocage, # of turns, as well as # of units, AFVs, etc in order to estimate time to play).

Now, if folks would value a single long list of all the scenarios without the information I listed above-- just the ROAR balance, rating and # of wins for each side, I can do that easily. In fact, I think it's a good idea and will do it for the next version.

Expanding the custom table on the sheet entitled, "Setup" is fairly easy for anyone skilled with Excel. But making the "Yes"/"No" option turn on or off the listing is a bit more complicated. If anyone would like me to add a module or few, let me know and I will add. If you want all the modules in ROAR to be added, that would be too much plus the table would be quite lengthy. Happy to modify- just let me know what you want.

Ken

lionelc62

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Lionel,

Yeah, the spreadsheet only has the scenarios that I selected-- they are both the scenarios that I have in my possession as well as mostly the "most played" out there. The reason it is not all 5000+ scenarios is that I manually added information for each scenario (PTO, Night, Air, Bocage, # of turns, as well as # of units, AFVs, etc in order to estimate time to play).

Ken
I understand. Thanks for this file !

Lionel