Handgun at ASLOK

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Never at ASLOk. Having said that, I am fairly certain that concealed carry laws preclude concealed carry in places where alcohol is served. There is an open bar at ASLOk. -- jim
I kinda remember some years ago on GS a heated discussion between you and Glennbo on a related topic.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If pencils and chairs are as dangerous as guns, how about if you arm yourself with a pencil for a few hours while we play and everyone will be happy?
Exactly. Or stand 8 feet away from me loaded with a chair. Is that the same as a loaded gun? I don't think so.

I understand what he is trying to say but those items are just strawman arguments. I mean c'mon, are we all Jason Bourne now and I can kill you with map board z? Or I will kill you with my dice -hit you between the eyes and you'll never roll snakeyes on me again! :). I am just goofing so please don't anyone get upset.

I was in Law Enforcement for 25 years and could conceal carry if I so choose, I do not. Individuals that I have worked with conceal carry all of the time. Some I would 100% trust no question, others not so much...

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
If pencils and chairs are as dangerous as guns, how about if you arm yourself with a pencil for a few hours while we play and everyone will be happy?
Or even a Spanky friendly plastic straw?

RandyT0001

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Oh, wait I left out knives. Are knives ok? :oops:

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think foreigners to the USA need to accept that they are usually surrounded by people with guns. Some are sane; others are old. You buy your ASLOK tickets and take your chances. Just be grateful you aren't banned from entry to our Great country.

Morbii

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, I know, the actual risk is low. But I don't think Americans get how weird and unsettling their gun culture is for a lot of people from the rest of the world.
Parts of the USA, too.

Sparafucil3

Elder Member
Staff member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I kinda remember some years ago on GS a heated discussion between you and Glennbo on a related topic.
I don't recall the conversation between Glenn and I here on GS so I won't comment on that. I know I confronted him at ASLOK. -- jim

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
How many times at ASLOK have you seen a player so upset about losing a game, a bad dice roll, etc. that he starts cursing, throws dice, and flips the table?
Never been to ASLOK, but if someone starts throwing dice, he might want to use those made of Tungsten steel for better penetration. Up for grabs here for a mere USD 500...

If that's just cheap for some dice, what about the Zirconium variant?

RandyT0001

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Never been to ASLOK, but if someone starts throwing dice, he might want to use those made of Tungsten steel for better penetration. Up for grabs here for a mere USD 500...

View attachment 10557
Like the German squeeze bore AT gun?

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I thought I would just hear about other gun experiences at ASLOK. It didn’t occur to me that the thread would go into gun politics: naïve, I guess. FWIW, the number of mass shootings in the U.S. this year gave me some pause before attending this year.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You have seen temper tantrums every 2 or 3 years at ASLOK? By ASL players?
My bad, I don’t do that anymore. Once I threw my dice at Mike Ziemetz. Luckily he ducked.

Last edited:

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here is a question for ASLOK attendees who has been several times over the last couple of decades.

How many times at ASLOK have you seen a player so upset about losing a game, a bad dice roll, etc. that he starts cursing, throws dice, and flips the table?
My old highschool wargame group called it ‘declaring civil disorder’.

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany

View attachment 10557
Too much overkill for soft targets.... just sayin

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llRussia
Oh, wait I left out knives. Are knives ok? :oops:
View attachment 10554
A guy went haywire with a knife in the Arndale Centre, a large shopping centre in the middle of Manchester where I park my car for work this week.

One of the worst incidents of such like happening in a long time.

Four injured, one seriously.

I'm going to posit that if he had a handgun that there would be dead people in Manchester right now.