Minor Hero
Staff member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I saw an ASL player, identity unknown to me, wearing a holster with an automatic pistol on his waist belt. I believe this is legal in Ohio. I found it a bit disconcerting. It is a first for me. Did anyone else notice it?

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are police officers and federal marshals that play ( I’m not going to name drop but im kinda certain they all know each other) or a conceal carry that slipped up, I’d say we’re kinda safe. I had a Chicago cop roommate once who kept a loaded 38 in the night stand and let me know so I didn’t freak out and I knew where it was in case the shit hit the fan. Some people pack heat all the time, they don’t want to be caught in a situation where they need one but dont. Personally, I feel safer with them around and trust their judgement. it’s just a tool.

Last edited:

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My town had a rash of store robberies by a guy on a motorcycle, about 10 over a 3 week period, Driving along one of our main streets, I saw the motorcyclist ahead of me with a pistol tucked in his back pants, so I called the police to report him, gave direction of travel and license plate. Turned out he was an off duty police agent required to be armed at all times. Also not the robber.

xenovin

Elder Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
I didn’t notice but have played players who were carrying. I’d only care if someone happened and they did nothing.

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nothing to be concerned about. If some nut walked in and started shooting that guy and hopefully others would probably save lives.

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I thought the hotel was supposed to be a no-gun zone? I've seen enough gameside tantrums that I would feel deeply uncomfortable playing an armed opponent.

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Only if there is a sign saying "No Firearms Allowed Inside". I can carry anywhere in my State, open or concealed. The only places I can't is where it is posted like that. It's a Felony if you do. Gun Free Zones are what the terrorists look for. They know that they will not be stopped by anyone inside. Thanks God for the 2nd Amendment!

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Only if there is a sign saying "No Firearms Allowed Inside". I can carry anywhere in my State, open or concealed. The only places I can't is where it is posted like that. It's a Felony if you do. Gun Free Zones are what the terrorists look for. They know that they will not be stopped by anyone inside. Thanks God for the 2nd Amendment!
I am willing to bet more people are killed in sudden flareups of temper than by terrorists seeking out gun free zones. People get
murdered for playing loud music. The fact that we have a bar in the 6th floor gaming room only makes the situation riskier.

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I am envious.

Pitman

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No terrorist has ever looked for a "gun free zone."

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No terrorist has ever looked for a "gun free zone."
Dylan Roof?

Churches are normally considered gun free although not posted as such, which if you want to use that as the actual* point of the exercise you would be correct on. But otherwise he struck at a 'free zone'...

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dylan Roof?

Churches are normally considered gun free although not posted as such, which if you want to use that as the actual* point of the exercise you would be correct on. But otherwise he struck at a 'free zone'...
Our Church has two armed people inside and one walking around outside at Sunday Services. But this is Arizona! They had a meeting with the County Sheriff and that's what they recomended.

Pitman

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dylan Roof?

No. Dylann Roof did not attack the AME church because it was ostensibly a "gun free zone" but because it was a black church of historic significance to the African-American community.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
If someone needs to carry a gun to feel safe at a gaming convention, then something is seriously wrong.

I propose to move this to the political section.

von Marwitz

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am willing to bet more people are killed in sudden flareups of temper than by terrorists seeking out gun free zones. People get
murdered for playing loud music. The fact that we have a bar in the 6th floor gaming room only makes the situation riskier.
No. Gang violence is the big one. F.B.I. statistics. And all guns used are not bought legally, they are stolen or bought on the black market. Criminals don't buy guns legally.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No. Dylann Roof did not attack the AME church because it was ostensibly a "gun free zone" but because it was a black church of historic significance to the African-American community.
Yes. That is true.

My point was wider...had it not been a "free zone" it may have lead him to target some other AME that was not (that he was after the African-American community is/was his objective that is very clear.)

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
If someone needs to carry a gun to feel safe at a gaming convention, then something is seriously wrong.

von Marwitz
I think it´s more because the people are used (and allowed) to carry guns all the time. Doesn´t matters if at a Wall Mart or at ASLOK or wherever...

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

von Marwitz
They attack places with lots of people. Game conventions have lots of people. I wouldn't feel safe going unarmed. Just saying!