HALO2 review by Gamespot

doomonyou

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just as I expected. Halo and the orginal Splinter Cell are my favorites and I think the best games ever produced for a TV gaming system.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't have an XBOX, but I like Halo multiplayer....hopefully they will come out with a PC version soon. This is a good month for gamers...Halo 2, Half-Life 2, Medal of Honor: PA, etc.

mr_clark

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Marines said:
I bought a PS2 for the sole purpose of playing GTA:SA and now it seems I will have to go out and get another XBox.
All this people who can't wait a couple of month for the PC versions... ;)

Patrocles

Reaction score
gobeavs said:
I don't have an XBOX, but I like Halo multiplayer....hopefully they will come out with a PC version soon. This is a good month for gamers...Halo 2, Half-Life 2, Medal of Honor: PA, etc.
does anyone have info on Halo2 PC-version release date? I'm too lazy to search the net right now! :laugh:

Full Monty

Reaction score
Country
ll
Patrocles said:
does anyone have info on Halo2 PC-version release date? I'm too lazy to search the net right now! :laugh:

Nothing concrete so far. Has to be said that I've played both the Xbox and PC versions of Halo and though it sticks in my craw to say it, I find the Xbox version a superior gaming experience.

Patrocles

Reaction score
Marines said:
I bought a PS2 for the sole purpose of playing GTA:SA and now it seems I will have to go out and get another XBox.
I bought a used Xbox after playing HALO with a bud. IMHO, 95% of the games for Xbox are crap! But having HALO is worth it for me.

Doesn't Sony own the GTA series? IIRC, someone posted that is the reason GTA III came out so late for the Xbox and why you won't find HALO for the PS2.

btw...my bud sent me a link to the IGN review of HALO2. They give an excellent rating, too.
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/557/557509p1.html

Full Monty

Reaction score
Country
ll
95% of all video games are rubbish, whatever platform they're on :D

I would recommend 'Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge' on Xbox (don't mix it up with the PC game of a similar title, they're worlds apart in terms of content) as being a 'must play'. Several of the racing games ('TOCA Race Driver 2', 'Burnout 3' for example) play best on Xbox and if you haven't got a 'kick-ass' computer then 'Doom 3' and 'Half-Life 2' are slated for imminent release.

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Penny Arcade wasn't that impressed with the singleplayer apparently. Of course I thought the single player in halo was garbage anyway. Regardless, overall I wasn't impressed with Halo.

However, I'd definitely wait for the PC version of Halo 2 (just as I did for Halo): one the control is better for a first person shooter on the computer, and two the graphics look much better.

:D

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
PvtJohnson said:
Yeah they did this cartoon...
Yeah but that was for the original, his news post for today I believe said what he thought of the second.

Bariman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Full Monty said:
Nothing concrete so far. Has to be said that I've played both the Xbox and PC versions of Halo and though it sticks in my craw to say it, I find the Xbox version a superior gaming experience.

Was it the cooperative multiplay you liked about the Xbox version?

Full Monty

Reaction score
Country
ll
Bariman said:
Was it the cooperative multiplay you liked about the Xbox version?
No, it plays in a far smoother fashion on the Xbox. The PC version suffers from dreadful slowdown at times, even after tinkering with the settings. From what I gather, Bungie decided to make use of some of the DirectX 9 features that the original code was never intended for. Halo was optimised for Xbox and it shows.