Halo public Beta next Spring!

Bootaaay

Nibelung Valesti
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Awesome news;

Xboyde said:
Bungie is happy to announce that Halo was released five years ago, and as a way to mark this birthday they also announced that a public beta of the multiplayer part of Halo 3 would be available next spring, along with some Xbox 360 only multiplayer maps for Halo 2. Also a brand new trailer will be shown on ESPN on December 4 during "Monday Night Football". And the cherry on the cake: a brand new image of Halo 3!
http://xboxyde.com/news_3800_en.html

Can't wait to try it out, and those new Halo 2 maps should make the wait for H3 easier. Here's the new image btw;

Naluka

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Omg sweet baby jesus! Lol... Thats an exaggeration I guess but its still cool news, cant wait. :D

Sprig

Reaction score
First name
Luke
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The texture on the chief is so realistic its unreal. I would expect this could be the one u pay for, unless that was for the demo.

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
so is that a screenshot from halo 2 :rofl: joke. At first glance i thought it was but then i had to re-check and it wouldnt make sense if it were hale 2. :p

Anyways, cool texturing. :) Although i dont like how the gloves are so shiny like that. they look slimy.

And i cant wait to see what halo 3 is like in gameplay. :cool:

Bootaaay

Nibelung Valesti
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
DarkSora said:
so is that a screenshot from halo 2 :rofl: joke. At first glance i thought it was but then i had to re-check and it wouldnt make sense if it were hale 2. :p
Lol, Bungie needs to put in bold on the bottom of every screenshot they release 'Alpha version - placeholder textures - work in progress' :D

Sprig

Reaction score
First name
Luke
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Like the little green "on" button on the gun lmao.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hmm after Finally done drooling over the pictures, espeially the new one, I could post my message now..

****YEA!! =D

Also on the last pic Bootaaay posted, I could say we have a first glance on how the Nail Grenade Explodes :)

On button ftw :)

Bootaaay

Nibelung Valesti
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I wonder how far the nails disperse on detonation? From that screen it looks like the spread of the explosion is pretty big, if the nails travel further than that spread it could potentially be a very powerfull weapon.

Also, here's a comparison of the evolution of Master Chief;

Halo: Combat Evolved

Halo 2

Halo 3

Sprig

Reaction score
First name
Luke
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ya definately, Im suprised at the Halo 1 shot tbh, doesnt look like the PC one.
Im loving the detail going on in that hog tho especially the gun! :Up: