Halo 2

BigMik1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
PvtJohnson said:
I just bought Halo 2, and well it kicks ass. I got duel pistols. That really appealed to me. For those who bought it, what do you think?
Are there any left?? In Houston, the local news channels were showing the game stores packed with folks trying to get it.

BigMik1

PvtJohnson

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Lol, that really sucks for you, at Future shop here there were plenty of Halo 2 games left. I induldged and bought the special edition one with the bonus DVD and the metalic case. It's been a great game so far and I stayed up till 3 last night playing it.

PvtJohnson

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You can actualy be a Covenant Elite. It's been pretty good so far. I've gotten mad at it alot but I'm still going. I can't wait to find some new vehicles and weapons.

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Played it, finished it and am re-starting on Heroic level.

A few hints...
1. Grab the Energy Swords for the later levels... there are some bad guys that one used to use shotguns for - but there are so few shotguns around and the energy swords do just as good a job

2. Best two-handed combo = needler and plasma rifle

3. The sentinal lasers rock! Grab them whenever you can

4. Dont get stressed at the pathetic ending :(

My feelings about it... liked it, but it seems that it focussed its theme on the 2 weakest parts of the original HALO "The Library" and the part in the Dark Gully where all the flood are going psycho.

The original is stil the best!

:smoke:

SoccerDJ

Reaction score
Country
ll
I played it for the first time today and it was flippin sweet. I liked the laser swords but I think the coolest thing they added was being able to kick people out of the vechicles in either multiplayer or in the levels. I love jumping on the back of a covanent tank and placing a granade and then stealing the tank to destroy the other guys. Are kicking someone in the head to steal their ghost. But I like it and cant wait to have some big multiplayer games.:D

PvtJohnson

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Legion said:
Played it, finished it and am re-starting on Heroic level.

A few hints...
1. Grab the Energy Swords for the later levels... there are some bad guys that one used to use shotguns for - but there are so few shotguns around and the energy swords do just as good a job

2. Best two-handed combo = needler and plasma rifle

3. The sentinal lasers rock! Grab them whenever you can

4. Dont get stressed at the pathetic ending :(

My feelings about it... liked it, but it seems that it focussed its theme on the 2 weakest parts of the original HALO "The Library" and the part in the Dark Gully where all the flood are going psycho.

The original is stil the best!

:smoke:

yeah those Energy Swords kick ass, My fav combo is the needler and the sub machine gun. My favorite weapon in all though is the Sniper rifle. And the main gun on the tank is better but it is so slow. How many levels is there and how long did it take for you to complete it.

Patrocles

Reaction score
I got a copy of Halo 2 today. Time to brew up some strong coffee and get rolling on the single player campaign!! wahooooo
:ar15:

I like the free two-month Xbox live coupon included with the game!

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
PvtJohnson said:
How many levels is there and how long did it take for you to complete it.
Without turning on the X-Box (i got some ASL to play right now!) i think it is about 12, but some of them are short, others are massive... But also note that the 'Earth' levels are split and they count as 2 or 3...

All in all (it is exam time and i have University requirements too) it took me about 7-8 hours on Normal level over 2 days... i am playing Heroic now and blitzing it too, but i would hate to think about how hard the Brutes and Flood will be on the highest levels! :scream:

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Marines said:
I have to agree with every Halo fan out there...
This was a disappointment.
Roger that... and to think it took them 3 years to present half a game... so sad... still what little IS there is good!

Patrocles

Reaction score
Marines said:
I have to agree with every Halo fan out there...

This was a disappointment.
well, I haven't read your spoilers on purpose...but I must admit I have not yet found HALO2 as exhilirating as the HALO. However, I'm still in the early stages of the game.

Is it just me or do the marines have too many "over the top" lines? I like the dialogue in the first HALO from the AI marines much better...professional and terse!

Also, I liked the symphonic (?) score in the first game much more compared to this rock-a-delic, screamin' guitar tracks in HALO2. :cheeky:

I haven't tried any multiplayer. At least MS threw in a 2month XBOX live trial card with the game!

Marines

Reaction score
Patrocles said:
well, I haven't read your spoilers on purpose...but I must admit I have not yet found HALO2 as exhilirating as the HALO. However, I'm still in the early stages of the game.

Is it just me or do the marines have too many "over the top" lines? I like the dialogue in the first HALO from the AI marines much better...professional and terse!

Also, I liked the symphonic (?) score in the first game much more compared to this rock-a-delic, screamin' guitar tracks in HALO2. :cheeky:

I haven't tried any multiplayer. At least MS threw in a 2month XBOX live trial card with the game!
Don't get me wrong the game is okay but defiantly not great.

A friend of mine beat it in four hours!

Thanks to a good marketing campaign it has sold very well but left many fans just a tad bit angry.

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Patrocles said:
Man, i loved one of the lines form a Marine: "Ah, Chief... i think he was trying to surrender..."
Man, that had me in stiches... :laugh:
No i like the new lines :smoke:

Patrocles

Reaction score
Legion said:
Man, i loved one of the lines form a Marine: "Ah, Chief... i think he was trying to surrender..."
Man, that had me in stiches... :laugh:
No i like the new lines :smoke:
yeah! i like that one, too! Problem is I've heard it about 10x to this point and I'm still at the early stages! You would think they could come up with more lines after 3 years! ha ha
:laugh:

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
PvtJohnson said:
I don't like the sounds of this you guys. But I can't wait till San Andreas comes out for Xbox. Halo 2 will be obsolete after that.
Just to add something to that: San Andreas is awesome. I got bored quickly with Vice City, but San Andreas sucked me in (in fact, it sucked all 4 of us in my apartment in, the PS2 is pretty much constantly on).

BigMik1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Micro$oft must be giving these games out to every rich and famous person in America to get some news stories still. They were talking about Halo 2 on ESPN SportsCenter. Seems Micro$oft gave a bunch to some NFL players. My Lord. G4TTV is now Halo 2 TV for a week!!

BigMik1

Marines

Reaction score
Overseer said:
Just to add something to that: San Andreas is awesome. I got bored quickly with Vice City, but San Andreas sucked me in (in fact, it sucked all 4 of us in my apartment in, the PS2 is pretty much constantly on).
To be honest I bought another PS2 (the tiny one) just for this game. I have not been disappointed in any way shape or form so far.

GTA:SA is great game and has and still does keep me occupied for for hours.

Hats off to Rockstar!